Get Comfortable Being Uncomfortable

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

Get Comfortable Being Uncomfortable

Zaire A. Davis

One ideal that many people struggle with is taking ownership over their own actions.  I do not mean admitting when you leave hardly a swallow of OJ in the fridge. What I mean is being held accountable by and for yourself. Too often people complain about the lives that they live while exercising the same endless routines and habits every day. We have passions. We love to envision ourselves working our dream jobs while living our dream lives. However, many of us are stuck in our bitter realities with no intention of ever making any changes.  Stop and ask yourself why that is so.

I always tell myself there is no point in complaining about something if you have no will or desire to change anything. Work on making a game plan for yourself that plays into your best abilities and work on strengthening them. You know what your skills, hobbies, and passions are. So why are you not working on bettering them? We make all the excuses in the world as to why we cannot do something when we really should be investing in ourselves. I know what it is like to be afraid. Often we will lie to ourselves and make excuses so that we don’t have to come face to face with that fear of failing. Believe in yourself. Make goals of what you want to work on each day and be consistent. It takes twenty-one days to create a new habit. Be the change you want to see in yourself. Start small and slowly you will see changes. Apply for that internship. Go to the gym. Read your Bible. Study. Drink water. Whatever it is that you personally know you need to be doing, just do it (Nike been saying this!). Stop slacking, get up, and go be great.

Born and raised in sunny California but am currently attending DESU. Studying mass communications & theatre. Hopefully you'll see me on TV some day but for now, you can read some of my articles!
Raised in Queens, with a major in Mass Communication and a love for writing. Graduating in 2018 in hopes of working in Television production. I love reading novels, blogs and magazine articles. I'm completed addicted to TV Shows and my ultimate goal is to always have fun.