This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

How are you going to celebrate when you come home this Thanksgiving break?

Here’s a few ideas to bring you and your friends closer during the fall season.

Come Up with a Creative Theme

You don’t have to stick to the boring fall leaves in tones of orange, red and yellow. You can have your guests instead opt for a bright theme of pinks and yellows.

Have a Potluck

Having your guests bring their own food brings more culture and a diverse selection of food to choose from.

Stream movies like Harry Potter, Charlie Brown, Mall Cop, and When Harry Met Sally.

Create Cute Party Favors

Have gifts like potted succulent or candles.

Host It Outdoors

If the weather permits, host it outside of a change of scenery.

Make Vision Boards Together

Get yourselves ready for the upcoming Christmas season and new year with vision boards to motivate each other.

Carve Pumpkins Together

Halloween doesn’t have to be the only time you carve pumpkins. They still make cozy decorations and are easy to do in a group setting.

I am a sophomore at Delaware State University majoring in Mass Communications. I enjoy journaling, working, volunteering and general humanitarian efforts to leave a positive impact on the world around me.
Hi everyone, I am from the Lonestar state, go cowboys!  I lived in several places including some countries which I love writing about, along with writing about lifestyle.  I am majoring in Mass Communications with a with a minor in history!