Fix Your Focus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

Fix Your Focus

By: Kyla Smallwood

Proverbs 4:25 Let your eyes look directly forward, and your gaze be straight before you. At times we (our generation) can lose our focus. Social media plays big part in this because we can become so easily distracted by it. Sometimes you have to reevaluate yourself and remember the goal & the purpose. I personally got distracted my first semester of school. It was honestly the biggest mistake of my life so far. I found myself focused on all of the wrong things and forgot what I came here for. When I realized I had lost my focus it was way too late. My first reaction was to beat myself up about it, this wasn’t a good idea because I dug myself a even bigger hole. Whenever something goes wrong please don’t beat yourself up about it! We’re humans sometimes stuff is going to go wrong! When I realized beating myself up wasn’t going to do anything I began to pray. Because who else but God? Don’t hesitate to turn to him in the time of need! Prayer changes things! The third thing I did was fix my focus. I had to remember what my goals were. “It’s so easy to fall in love with the picture of your future”. Yes it really is, some stuff is easier said than done. Do you really want that life as bad as you say you do? Getting there is in no way going to be easy! Work hard now so you can play harder later! Nothing is going to be handed to you, you have to work for it. Write down your goals, write down your plans. You need to make these things clear to yourself and God! Sometimes we need reminders to keep us motivated. FIX YOUR FOCUS   

We all have a destination! Let’s work to get there!  

Raised in Queens, with a major in Mass Communication and a love for writing. Graduating in 2018 in hopes of working in Television production. I love reading novels, blogs and magazine articles. I'm completed addicted to TV Shows and my ultimate goal is to always have fun.