This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

Music is capable of doing many things, it can inspire us to be creative and help us relax.  When I listen to music, my mind starts to get creative and I start to listen to certain songs that inspired me to come up with some date ideas.  

Slow Dance In A Parking Lot By:  Jordan Davis  

When I listen to this song, I think of dancing in public.  Not caring what others think or slow dancing together where you’re only focused on each other.  Kind of those couples who just start slow dancing in the middle of a dance floor or in the street while music is playing.

Rewrite the Stars By: The Greatest Showman

Many would say this is not a date song, but I think of having a date that is out of your comfort zone.  This could be taking a class together, trying a couples challenge, or talking about topics that you have been avoiding.  Not all dates are going to be fun, but you can make it fun and serious all together.

I Don’t Know About You By: Chris Lane  

This song is great for a first date or when you are still getting to know each other, by asking questions.  I love it because it gives an exact answer to how dates go and what happens when people are getting to know each other.  As in the music video, this reminds me of places to go on a date such as a bar, a casual restaurant, an arcade,bowling, and etc.  Somewhere in a public and casual setting, but where you can still have a conversation.

Ride By: Chase Rice (feat Macy)  

There are two ways this song can go:

1. A great song for a intimate playlist

2. A date night of laying in the bed, getting comfy, and watching a movie like “Fifty Shades of Gray” or just being in each other’s arms and talking.

Seeing Stars By: The Recklaws  

Like most songs, you think of the stars and driving or watching on the ground.  This one makes me think of camping outdoors.  Whether it’s in your backyard, camp site, or in a remote location.  It makes it wonderful in any temperature, enjoying the fresh air, and putting away all electronics.

Falling In Love At A Coffee Shop By: Landon Pigg  

Who doesn’t love finding a cute little spot and trying out what is inside?  Cafes, coffee shops, outdoor restaurants! All of them are cute little spots, but why not go and have a coffee.  Try something new or pick out each other’s drinks..maybe it will be your new favorite!

Kiss You By: One Direction  

Why not take a spontaneous drive and see where it takes you?  Or if you have been wanting to go to a new area or town, make a list of places you would like to visit and take a picture at each spot, kind of like a scavenger hunt of memories.

Festival By: Raelynn  

We know that festivals are a definite in our age group, so why not take your crush or significant other with you?  You can wear cute, crazy outfits or match color schemes.  Listen to some music, dance, eat a variety of food, order a drink if you’re of age, and just be in the moment.

Tailgate By: Raelynn  

One of the cutest date ideas from this song is turning the bed or trunk of your vehicle into a bed.  You can have some pillows, have the view of the sunset or sky, and have some hot chocolate or coffee.  You are together, comfortable, and if you fall asleep then there is no problem cause you are basically in bed.

Chasing Cars By: Snow Patrol  

This song is more of a chill date, going outside and laying down to look at the stars.  You can make this more romantic by having some snacks, a drink, a blanket, and just having a conversation.

Hi everyone, I am from the Lonestar state, go cowboys!  I lived in several places including some countries which I love writing about, along with writing about lifestyle.  I am majoring in Mass Communications with a with a minor in history!