Campus Spotlight : Devonte Oliver

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

Name: Devonte Oliver Classification: Senior Instagram: Fwaygo_v Hometown: Brooklyn, New York Major: Textiles & Apparel Campus Activities: -Member of MOCA -Vice Polemarch for the Pi Eta chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi -NPHC board member ; Parliamentarian   Plans after you graduate: Graduate school in either Georgia, California or New York, if not than to work my way up in a company to help me obtain my ultimate goal. Advice to underclassman: Network, stay focused, stay true to yourself, Grind and understand to love yourself no matter the obstacle. Favorite childhood movie ? I’ve had multiple: Space Jam, small soldiers, Lion King, Little Giants, The little Rascals, A bugs life, Toy Story   What is your biggest pet peeve?   

Someone who thinks they know it all What Is Something You Would Tell Your Freshman Self:

Study more Turn offs:

clingy, Whining, complaining, someone who blames everyone but themselves, someone not of their word, gossiper Turn-ons:

educated, sophisticated, well rounded, strong personality, not afraid of failure What’s at the top of your bucket list?:

Sky diving , making a million dollars Something you want to do before you graduate?

Receive 4.0 in 1 semester What is your Favorite college memory?:

Joining organizations that allowed me to meet people and network Hardest Thing You Have Overcome in College:

losing multiple people in my life who mattered and financial troubles Who is your greatest inspiration?

Myself Name one thing about yourself that most people don’t know.

I’m a musician What makes you laugh? Life , family , friends and my failures

Raised in Queens, with a major in Mass Communication and a love for writing. Graduating in 2018 in hopes of working in Television production. I love reading novels, blogs and magazine articles. I'm completed addicted to TV Shows and my ultimate goal is to always have fun.