This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

The Black Dollar

This weekend I had the pleasure of watching a Netflix series titled “Trigger Warning with Killer Mike”. For those of you who don’t know Killer Mike, he’s a Grammy nominated rapper and activist. The series consists of Killer Mike conducting a different social experience each episode. One of my favorite episodes from the series was “Living Black”. The goal of this social experiment was for Killer Mike to go three days only using and consuming products that came from the black community. This episode inspired me to create a list of my own of black companies everyone should try and support.

Makeup Brands

1. Black Opal Beauty
  2. Fashion Fair
  3. Bahi Cosmetics
  4. Iman Cosmetics
  5. The Crayon Case

Clothing

1. HGC Apparel
  2. Sweet Knowledge
  3. Kingdom Native
  4. Kashmir VII
  5. Fly Nerd

Hair Products

1. Mielle Organics
  2. Camille Rose Naturals
  3. Mane Choice
  4. Miss Jessies
  5. Jane Carter Solution

The next time your looking for a product, please try to support your local black business.

Just a girl from Jersey with big dreams attending Delaware State University. I'm currently majoring in mass communications with a concentration in digital media. One day you'll see my name rolling in the credits but until then enjoy my articles.
Born and raised in sunny California but am currently attending DESU. Studying mass communications & theatre. Hopefully you'll see me on TV some day but for now, you can read some of my articles!