The Best Way to Get Rid of Clothes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

The Best Way to Get Rid of Clothes

By Shelynn Handy

As much as I like to shop, my closet has been screaming for me to live a more minimalist lifestyle. So, to help embark on the minimalist journey, I started selling my clothes.

There are so many ways to sell your clothes: consignment shops, the facebook marketplace, and several reseller applications such as Depop, Mercari, and Poshmark. Poshmark is my favorite to use because of the simplicity of the app. You post pictures of the items you want to sell, set the price and wait for someone to buy. Poshmark even makes shipping easy and just sends you the shipping label and mailing instructions when someone purchases your item.

A lot of people like Poshmark because you can use the funds from things that you have sold to buy from other people right on the app. Since I am trying to minimize the amount of clothes that I have, I get the money deposited straight into my account.

I like selling my clothes because it allows me to get rid of things without adding to the fashion industries contribution to environmental waste. It also allows me to pad my pockets with a little extra cash and that is something I will never be mad about.

Born and raised in sunny California but am currently attending DESU. Studying mass communications & theatre. Hopefully you'll see me on TV some day but for now, you can read some of my articles!