priscilla du preez WacbrU86JIw unsplash
priscilla du preez WacbrU86JIw unsplash
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

With relationships being portrayed everywhere on all social media, sometimes being single can seem a bit hard. Especially if you have just gone through a break up. Honestly, being single isn’t as bad as you may think. For example, you may now be able to focus on yourself more. When people are in relationships, it becomes “we” and not “me” so you often forget to do things that will benefit you. Self-care is the best care, and there is no better time to treat yourself to some self-care than when you are singe. You can also pick up new hobbies. All the extra time you now have, can be used to perfect yourself, your crafts and any new ventures you may pursue. 

Being single may also make you feel as if you need to move on quickly. However, this could be the furthest thing from the truth. Moving on too quickly could cause problems in a new relationship, or cause you to do things you normally wouldn’t. The best way to overcome such feelings is to wait until you are 100% comfortable and ready to move on. That could be weeks, even months post-breakup and that its totally fine. Its better to wait for the right time than to rush things when it comes to relationships. You may see relationships all over your social media, but remember, those came with time and everything isn’t always what it seems. Everything that glitters is not gold, so don’t lose yourself trying to find someone else’s happiness.

Hey! My name is Caleisha Braxton and I currently attend Delaware State University for a degree in Mass Communications. From a young age, speaking to people and writing were my strongest attributes and I decided to pursue a career in Public Relations. Im from the City of Brotherly Love, Philadelphia Pennsylvania. Growing up in the inner city of West Philadelphia shaped me to become a strong-willed and independent person. Regardless of my background, I prevailed to become a 4.0 student in college. Being from the area I am, I want to be successful to make both my family and community proud, especially since I am I First Generation College student.I use writing to relax myself and also to inform others.