The Artists For DESU Homecoming Concert

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

THE TIME IS HERE – HOMECOMING!!!

Delaware State University will have a New York style Homecoming this year. For some who may not know as much about this year’s artist, here is some background info and songs that will prepare you for their arrival.

A Boogie

At just 20 years old, from Bronx,  A Boogie’s buzz has grown this year exponentially after the release of Artist: The Mixtape featuring songs like “My Shit,” “The Jungle,” and “Friend Zone.” Delaware State loves over playing songs, and “My Shit” is one of them.  Popular Songs  – “Bag On Me” , “Not A Regular Person”, “Half On a Baby”

Young M.A

This Brooklyn native is not to be underestimated. Young M.A earns her first top 10 on Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs, for her hit “OOOUUU”. This song as become DSU’s anthem, and you’ll be lying if you say you don’t know the words. Even though most DelState students think she may not keep the crowd going with her other songs, she just might surprise us. Popular Songs – “HennyNHoes”, “Karma Krys”

LIL UZI VERT

This Philadelphia native gained recognition after releasing his single, Money Longer which has become everyone’s favorite song. In an interview with Complex, Lil Uzi Vert stated some of his influences include ASAP Rocky, Kanye West and the Ying Yang Twins. Popular Songs – “Too Much Sauce” , “Pull Up”, “You Was Right”

PARTYNEXTDOOR

And Now for the main event, PARTNEXTDOOR. After all the excitement we are all (or just the ladies) brought back down to hear PND’s beautiful voice. With a mix of Drake and The Weeknd, we will all be in our feelings by the end of the concert. But who cares PARTYNEXTDOOR is the perfect way to end the night. Popular Songs – “Regonize”, “Not Nice”, “Thirsty”, “Wus Good/Curious”

And what about that special guest I keep hearing rumors about. I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

Major Key – Homecoming 2016. Let’s have Fun and be safe

Raised in Queens, with a major in Mass Communication and a love for writing. Graduating in 2018 in hopes of working in Television production. I love reading novels, blogs and magazine articles. I'm completed addicted to TV Shows and my ultimate goal is to always have fun.