alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Are we there yet? – How to avoid senioritis when you’re almost there

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

Angela Tilghman

Urban dictionary defines senioritis as “a crippling disease that strikes high school seniors. It features a lack of studying, repeated absences, and a generally dismissive attitude.” Senioritis isn’t just for high school seniors though. College seniors tend to go through it and it can greatly impact the final result. Senioritis for college students can look slightly different though. We tend to stress out trying to tailor our resumes so we can get the perfect job fresh out. We might even have an occasional breakdown because it’s overwhelming. So before you decide to throw the paper away and go to sleep, here’s a few ways to avoid senioritis so you can make it to that stage and strut.

1. Visit the career center

The career center was put there for a reason. In order to remain focused on what you truly want after college, check out the career center. You can go and plan for life post-graduation status. This type of visit can help you remain focused and can bring back the importance of finishing your last year off stronger than ever.

1. Make a bucket list

While this is the time that you should be extremely focused on your career and finishing strong, you might need to make that bucket list. Making your bucket list of things you wish to accomplish before you arrive at graduation can help you live it up one last time on campus. This gives you a nice balance of work and fun so you don’t overwork yourself.

1. Practice self-care

Practicing self-care is so crucial in the final days of college. This is the time when we skip meals and begin to lack in the self-care department. You want to make sure you set some time out to just relax and do something that makes you feel good.

Born and raised in sunny California but am currently attending DESU. Studying mass communications & theatre. Hopefully you'll see me on TV some day but for now, you can read some of my articles!