The Lalapink Beauty Products
The Lalapink Beauty Products
Her Campus Media
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

As you guys may know, I love to do reviews on new products and brands, so when the hair care brand Amika reached out to me to review some of their haircare line I was ecstatic. As soon as I received my package, I realized how much effort this brand puts into packaging and its its overall aesthetic. I love when a brand can separate themselves from others simply by going that extra mile with packaging. Soon as I opened the box, there was the “Soulfood Nourishing Mask” and the “Perk Up Dry Shampoo”. Immediately, I knew that the “Soulfood Nourishing Mask” would be what I wanted to try the most. I had been looking for a new deep conditioning mask for my hair that had been dry and brittle, and also in box braids for the past few weeks. Also, the cute design on the container immediately drew me in. It had a very faint smell which I must be honest I wanted a little more scent (I love products that smell like coconut). The next product was the “Perk Up Dry Shampoo”. I don’t use a lot of dry shampoo, but I knew it would come in handy for when I want to refresh one of my wigs, as that task can be a little time consuming. So, this product would come into use for that. So whenever I feel my wig needs a quick refresher I give it a little spray and shake, and move on. 

Now it’s time to put the “SoulFood Nourishing Mask” to the test. Would it do anything for my thick kinky 4B/4C hair? Would it replenish the moisture I needed after a month of box braids? I washed my hair with my normal shampoo, the usual “Aussie Miracle Moist Shampoo” which has done my hair justice in the past. I added a handful of the “Soulfood Nourishing Mask” and applied it to my still damp hair and began to detangle. Immediately I noticed how soft my hair was, and the amount of slip I got, which is a great sign. I placed a deep conditioning cap on my hair, and  I would go on to deep condition my hair for about 3 hours (It needed the moisture) and rinsed the product out. I must say I was pleased with how soft and bouncy my hair ended up being. It had been missing moisture and the “Soulfood Nourishing Mask” gave me just that. Even after blow drying my hair was still soft and moisturized and which is what I look for in a deep conditioner. This product had become my favorite in the line and Is definitely going to become a regular part of my wash day. If you have hair is dry and in need of remedy, I would definitely recommend the “SoulFood Nourishing Mask” 

Amika is a Brooklyn based brand all about self-expression. From their packaging, to their media presence, everything is original, bubbly and so fun. They have representation of all kinds of women, black, white, Asian and everything in between. They are animal-cruelty free and are so positive in their approach. Its refreshing to see a brand not be afraid of being fun, and centers their whole brand around it. If you want to pick up their products you can find them online at their website https://loveamika.com/ or at Sephora, SalonCentric, BirchBox, Amazon and Walmart. Their Instagram is @Amika and their Twitter is @love_amika. Go check them out! 

Hey! My name is Caleisha Braxton and I currently attend Delaware State University for a degree in Mass Communications. From a young age, speaking to people and writing were my strongest attributes and I decided to pursue a career in Public Relations. Im from the City of Brotherly Love, Philadelphia Pennsylvania. Growing up in the inner city of West Philadelphia shaped me to become a strong-willed and independent person. Regardless of my background, I prevailed to become a 4.0 student in college. Being from the area I am, I want to be successful to make both my family and community proud, especially since I am I First Generation College student.I use writing to relax myself and also to inform others.
Hi everyone, I am from the Lonestar state, go cowboys!  I lived in several places including some countries which I love writing about, along with writing about lifestyle.  I am majoring in Mass Communications with a with a minor in history!