5 Easy DIY Halloween Costumes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

With Halloween only a few days away it’s pretty difficult to find a stylish costume on such short notice. So here are five inexpensive DIY Halloween costumes that won’t break the bank and take up too much time.

1. A Minion

This may be one of the easiest characters to recreate.  All you need is a jean jumper, a yellow shirt, a pair of glasses and black gloves. With these four items you’ll have the cutest costume around.

1. A Mime

Creating this costume requires very little time and effort. A striped shirt, suspenders, white face paint, and any pair of slacks that you like will create the perfect mime costume. To add a little more creativity, including any kind of eyeliner will make an even better costume.

1. A Cat

Creative makeup and a pair of cat ears make this cute costume. They key to making this costume is creative makeup. Using some translucent powder and then adding black liquid liner create whiskers and nose. Lastly, any black outfit from your closet will complete this look.

1. Wednesday Addams

This is an easy and very iconic look. A black and white button up shirt or dress with black stockings and black boots complete this look. And to finish it off include a light shade of foundation to create a pale look. Who doesn’t love the Addams family.

1. Clown

This look is all about makeup and creativity skills. A red wig, blush, eyeshadow, dramatic eye makeup that makes the face pop, and a red nose make for a great clown costume. Playing around with the makeup is the best way to get a great look. Any colorful clothes will pair with this makeup look.

A Mass Communications major looking to obtain an internship or employment using my communication and writing expertise towards opportunities in journalism, editing, and writing
Raised in Queens, with a major in Mass Communication and a love for writing. Graduating in 2018 in hopes of working in Television production. I love reading novels, blogs and magazine articles. I'm completed addicted to TV Shows and my ultimate goal is to always have fun.