10 Tips to Prepare for Online School

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

1. Get your schedule organized 

• Get a planner/agenda
  • Use google calendar
  • Use your phone’s calendar
  • Add a new event with the name of the class, the professor, and the time of your class. Then set it to repeat every week.

2. If you don’t have a good Wi-Fi signal, scope out places with free Wi-Fi that allows people to sit inside.

• Starbucks
  • McDonald’s
  • Panera Bread
  • Dunkin’ Donuts
  • Apple Store
  • Buffalo Wild Wings
  • Target
  • Barnes & Noble
  • Public Library
  • Bob Evans

3. Get an iPad with a keyboard if you can’t get a laptop!

• They start as low as $219

4. If you have the money, invest in a good laptop.

5. Allocate a space in your room for just schoolwork!

• Doing work in your bed will make you feel less willing to do it because we associate our bed with sleep, not work.

6. Try your best to find the cheapest textbooks possible. Your school bookstore is not the only place that sells books! Amazon and Chegg sell books, used, or rented for the low most times.

7. Organize your due dates the same way you organized your schedule.

8. Make a daily routine so you don’t feel like you’re sitting inside all day waiting for class to start.

9. Don’t hesitate to reach out to your professors with questions and concerns.

10. Check your emails and blackboard/canvas often to avoid missing notifications.

I am a sophomore at Delaware State University majoring in Mass Communications. I enjoy journaling, working, volunteering and general humanitarian efforts to leave a positive impact on the world around me.