You Know You’re A DePauw Student When…Nice Weather Means Low Motivation

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Spring is here! Unfortunately, so are tests, papers, course selections and job applications.

TIPS for survival:
1. Use the nice weather as motivation to stop procrastinating…the sooner you get your work done, the sooner you can enjoy the beautiful day.

2. Use bad weather to your advantage, as well. You’re not missing anything, so lock yourself in the library and cross tasks off your list!

3. Even if you have an overwhelming amount of work on a warm day, take one hour to go walk in the Nature Park.  It will clear your mind and you won’t feel like you missed enjoying nice weather entirely.

4.  Look at the weather beforehand (thanks iPhone) so you can prioritize your work.

5. GO TO CLASS! You’re paying a lot of money, and class is not going to kill you. The sun will be there when you are done. Save your absences for when you need them!

6.Remember, there will always be things to stress about, but there are only four springs in your time at DePauw. Take advantage! 

Mckenzie Curran is a Sociology and Communication major at DePauw University. Mckenzie is new to the HerCampus Team, and looks forward to planning HerCampus events in the upcoming school year in order to spread awareness of the site. Mckenzie spends her free time going to campus events, baking, and hanging out with her Kappa Alpha Theta sisters.