You Know You’re a DePauw Student When…Finals are a marathon, not a sprint.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

For most DePauw students, the hell begins way before finals week. The two to three weeks before are often worse than finals themselves. Papers, projects and presentations stack up, on top of the usual assigned readings and any extracurricular responsibilities. At this point, with the freedom of holiday break so near, motivation is waning. Thanksgiving break was only a tease…it’s all downhill for the next three weeks.

At least you are not alone. It’s comforting to go to library and realize the rest of the school is also there. It then becomes a battlefield for study spaces. If you can’t grab a table or a study room, you’re banished to the dreaded cubbies. Facing a wall for hours at a time is a dangerous risk.

Here are six tips for survival during this time:
1.     Remember that, no matter what, it will be over in three weeks.
2.     Change up your study location. Prindle is a lovely alternative to the library’s fluorescent glow.
3.     Have a friend change your passwords for addictive websites, especially Facebook and Pinterest. Pinning pictures of cute outfits and beautiful places will do nothing for your spirits when you’re in a library wearing a sweatsuit.
4.     Stock up on hand sanitizer. Being sick during these times only adds insult to injury.
5.     Don’t think about everything you have to do. Make a list, and do one thing at time. Plus, crossing things off your list feels great.
6.     Take short breaks to Google pictures of puppies.

Grace is a Communications Major at DePauw University. She enjoys traveling, music, shopping, and being in the sun.