You Know You Are A DePauw Student When…. Fall break cannot come soon enough, but lasts a bit too long

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.
You know you’re a DePauw student when:

Fall break cannot come soon enough, but lasts a bit too long.

We all know the feeling…you finally finish your midterms, you haven’t slept in weeks, your hygiene is questionable…and it takes a whole lot of bronzer to make yourself look like a healthy human. It’s time to go home.

When you finally arrive home, your parents are all smiles, and so are you. Although they look concerned by the state of your complexion, they welcome you all the same. A nice home-cooked meal, a little chat sesh, and it’s time for a fourteen hour sleep. Beautiful.

Fast forward five days…those home-cooked meals have really slowed down your productivity. You wake up, watch some Netflix, eat, go to sleep, repeat. It’s all a blur. Your mom’s smile won’t go away…WHY? She has formed a to-do list…WHY? Time to go back to DePauw. BUT WAIT. You still have two more days, you still have not gotten any homework done, and let’s be honest, you have no plans to write that paper. Good time to check Facebook…by the looks of everyone’s status, they feel the same way… “CAN’T WAIT TO RETURN TO DEPAUWTY! MISS MY BESTIES!” (30 likes).

My advice: during those last two days, parental manipulation is crucial. Let them take you shopping…ANY KIND…clothes, food, gas, and any other miscellaneous necessities that you would really rather not pay for yourself. I usually ask them to accompany me on errands, throw in a poor college student face, a little flattery, and BAM – let the rest happen.

Before you know it, IT’S FINALLY SUNDAY. Wake up, pack up your fully gassed car, and make sure to grab your freshly cleaned laundry. You feel clean, healthy, and rested. Time to ruin it.

Mckenzie Curran is a Sociology and Communication major at DePauw University. Mckenzie is new to the HerCampus Team, and looks forward to planning HerCampus events in the upcoming school year in order to spread awareness of the site. Mckenzie spends her free time going to campus events, baking, and hanging out with her Kappa Alpha Theta sisters.