This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Women help support the music industry by being producers, mixers, artists and more. In celebration of Women’s History Month, here’s a playlist of amazing songs that help us celebrate what it feels like to be a woman. While these picks include some of the greats of our time, make sure to support smaller female artists as well!

Respect by Aretha Franklin

Possibly the first feminist anthem, Aretha Franklin reminds us what every woman deserves in this 1967 classic.

Better by Myself by Hey Violet

This female-led band let’s us know that you don’t need to be in a relationship to be at your best.

Successful by Ariana Grande

While the entire Sweetener album is flawless, this is the perfect song for hyping yourself up for an interview or a test.

thank u, next by Ariana Grande

This song radiates growth and reflection as Ariana realizes that the only thing she needs in life is herself.

Man’s World by Marina and the Diamonds

This song encapsulates the feeling of being fed up with the patriarchy, surrounded by Marina’s angelic voice.

BROWN SKIN GIRL by Beyoncé

Beyoncé never fails to deliver with her empowering anthems, and BROWN SKIN GIRL is no exception. The music video is a tale of self-love and beauty for WOC; it’s a must watch!

Grown Woman by Beyoncé

You won’t find this song on Spotify, but I highly recommend everyone listen to it every once in a while. It’s perfect for dancing around your room and telling yourself that you can do whatever you want.

Just a Girl by No Doubt

Taking it back to the 90s, this song let’s us know that girls are done being underestimated with a killer alternative beat.

Monopoly by Ariana Grande and Victoria Monét

One of Ariana’s most underrated songs in my opinion, she teams up with her powerhouse best friend, producer, and co-writer to create a bestie anthem for the books,

Woman by Kesha

Kesha has been proven to be one of the most outspoken and inspirational women in music this past decade. “Woman” allows her to speak freely and loudly, making it the perfect song to jam to when you’re feeling extra proud to be a woman.

High Heels by Jojo

While Jojo is mostly known for her older bops of the 2000s like “Too Little Too Late,” this slower jam allows us to see that she is here to stay and make badass music.

Juice by Lizzo

Lizzo skyrocketed to fame in the past two years, allowing her to pump out songs about body-positivity and feminism. “Juice” is playful, allowing us to see what Lizzo is all about. 

***Flawless – Beyoncé

A feminist classic, the sample from Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie in the middle of the song makes it worth a listen.

WAP by Cardi B and Megan Thee Stallion

While female rappers have often been pinned against each other as more have entered the spotlight, “WAP” allows us to see a collaboration between two rap powerhouses. 

STUPID by Ashnikko

This TikTok song may have been trendy over a year ago, but the song is till a must have for the playlist.

Best Friend by Saweetie and Doja Cat

Another female rap collab highlights the importance of hyping other girls up, especially your besties.

Hi everyone, I'm Alexa! I'm a sophomore majoring in Global Health. I love art, music, reality TV, and long walks around campus <3
Hi, I'm Katherine! I'm an Anthropology major. I am a member of the Honors Scholar Program, as well as a Bonner Scholar.