This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

What is UP babies, me again! As an art history major and museum junkie, I’ve been thinking about writing an article like this for quite some time, but wasn’t sure the lovely readers of HC DePauw would be interested. Not to sound full of myself or anything, but I think this article is a damn good idea. I mean, who doesn’t love looking at all the little Insta and Twitter posts about what you are, based on your sign? So, here are the paintings I’ve paired with each sign. Hope y’all like it!

Aries (March 21 – April 19): The Creation of Adam by Michelangelo

Headstrong, bold, and ambitious, Aries will have no problem connecting with Michelangelo’s (at the time) controversial work.

Taurus (April 20 – May 20): Shantavia Belle II by Kehinde Wiley

An earth sign through-and-through, Tauruses will find solace and comfort in Wiley’s swirling foliage and simple, yet striking portraiture

Gemini (May 21 – June 20): Woman in Hat with Fur Collar by Pablo Picasso

Known as the sign with twin or dual personalities, Geminis will surely appreciate the duality and multifacetedness that is elemental in Picasso’s cubist works.

Cancer (June 21 – July 22): Great Wave off the Coast of Kanagawa by Katsushika Hokusai

Being the cardinal water sign, it seems only fitting that Cancer is paired with the legendary Great Wave, a tribute to this sign’s acute and sensitive emotional awareness.

Leo (July 23 – August 22): The Scream by Edvard Munch

Vivacious, fiery, and incredibly spirited, Leos will love the theatricality and intense, almost comical drama depicted in Munch’s famous painting.

Virgo (August 23 – September 22): Farmhouse in Provence by Vincent van Gogh

Practical and deeply grounded, Virgos everywhere will fall in love with this simple, earthy, lesser-known composition done by Van Gogh.

Libra (September 23 – October 22): Woman with Head of Roses, Salvador Dali

Striving towards balance and harmony, Libras will be intrigued by the asymmetry of Dali’s interesting painting and will find a strange sense of equilibrium in it.

Scorpio (October 23 – November 21): Red Hill and White Shell by Georgia O’Keeffe

Deeply misunderstood, Scorpios will resonate with the red of the hills (as they’re often mistaken for a fire sign) and the cool white shell (symbolic of their true nature as water signs) in this work.

Sagittarius (November 22 – December 21): Judith Slaying Holofernes by Artemisia Gentileschi

The last of the fire signs and always in pursuit of intellectual adventures, Sagittariuses will admire both the beauty of the story being told in this piece, as well as the fact that it was painted by a woman in 1610.

Capricorn (December 22 – January 19): The Coiffure by Mary Cassatt

Often seen as emotionless when really just tapping into their inner fortitude, Capricorns will find strength in the simple image of a young woman sitting in solitude, readying herself to achieve anything.

Aquarius (January 20 – February 18): Obnoxious Liberals by Jean-Michael Basquiat

Rebels and activists at heart, Aquarians will thrill at the sight of Basquiat’s rebellious, anti-establishment graffiti art.

Pisces (February 19 – March 20): Primavera by Sandro Botticelli

Attuned to their emotions and lovers of sweet beauty, Pisces will undoubtedly love the Botticelli’s romantic and quintessential Renaissance piece, depicting the splendor of oncoming spring.

St. Louis gal, Art History major and adamant fan, twin sister, Diet Coke fanatic, book lover, and avid supporter of flower power
Hi, I'm Rose Overbey! I'm a senior at DePauw University, majoring in English writing. I'm a passionate non-fiction writer with interests in upcycling, crafts, fashion, and the environment.