Style

What Spring/Summer Shoe Trend Are You Based on Your Zodiac Sign

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Are you trying to figure out what new pair of shoes to buy for the summer, whether it’s for an upcoming vacation or just a picnic with your friends? Don’t worry, I got you covered with the pair of shoes that best match your zodiac sign this summer! Feel free to draw inspiration from this list, share with your friends, and look good while going out this summer!

Taurus- Combat Boots

Not to be confused with the tasteful heeled bootie, combat boots allow for versatility and comfort while dressing up or down any outfit this season, Taurus. Use this to your advantage, try new looks and experiment with old ones, all while incorporating this amazing trend that is sure to carry over in the following seasons. 

Gemini- Flatforms (Platform Flip Flops)

Now, these shoes have been all over my TikTok For You Page recently, but there’s no denying that apart from the people we see on TikTok rocking this trend, it will for sure be one for the books this season. While these might be challenging to walk in and might make you feel like you’re walking on stilts, they pair perfectly with any Spring/Summer outfit and will be so cute to wear down to the pool/beachside or even just around the town with your friends! 

Cancer- Platform Heels

Cancer, add some spunk and fire to your wardrobe this year with a stunning pair of platforms! While they may not be able to get a lot of use in a versatility of looks, they will for sure be a staple for these dress up events (maybe a summer wedding, or a date night) and won’t leave you regretting your outfits this season. 

Leo- Chunky Sneakers

Dive into this classic look this season with a fresh pair of chunky sneakers. Whether Nike, Adidas, Fila, Balenciaga, whatever you’re feeling you’ll be sure to be asked the burning question “OMG where did you get those shoes!?!?” Leo, you’ll be turning heads this season leaving everyone around you with their wallets open ready to jump on the trend with you. 

Virgo- Converse

Get in touch with your inner nature gal as these are perfect for literally any occasion. These are perfect for those golden hour picnics with your besties. These can literally change the look of any outfit not to mention Converse has so many different styles and patterns to change up any look. And of course, as Demi Lovato once said, “Who said you can’t wear your converse with your dress” ;) 

Libra- Moccasins/Loafers

Now I know what you might be thinking, Lizzie, these are NOT on trend. Trust me, they are coming back in style–– especially with a nice business casual or office look. Unleash your inner Harry Styles and pair these with a nice pair of dress pants and a blazer, (spice it up with a strappy bralette or wear it for the office with a nice blouse) and you’ll be feeling like the boss babe you already are! 

Scorpio- Strappy Minimalist Heels

Scorpio, dress up your summer shoe game this season, with these sexy and minimalist heels. These are perfect to pair with some jeans and a crop top or a nice sundress. They are quickly making a rise in Spring/Summer 2021 trends and they will for sure turn heads on your outfits this year. Embrace your inner wild side, the strappier the better! 

Sagittarius- Booties

Booties are the go-to for ANYYY season. You can wear these literally all the time and with pretty much every outfit. Be bold and wear these with a nice sundress and/or skirt or dress up your classic jeans and a cardigan. Either way, you can’t go wrong with a classic brown or black leather bootie. Use these as a staple piece this season or as a way to add a little flavor to your everyday outfit.

Capricorn- Ballet Flats

Now again, Capricorn, I know you may be thinking “how are these a 2021 trend?” TRUST MEEEE, these are the perfect staple items for any wardrobe in quite frankly, any season. They are perfect for the office, even the ones at home, a picnic with friends, to go run errands or even an afternoon date. Not to mention that they come in all different shapes, colors, patterns, embellishments, etc. Go crazy and add some fun pieces to your wardrobe this season. 

Aquarius- Strappy Flat Sandals 

These have been on trend for many summers in the past but there’s no denying how fun these can be this season! Not to mention the level of comfort. How often have you ordered a pair of strappy heels and went home crying about how much they hurt your feet? No worries, take out the pain and the heel and get the same look in your outfits this summer! These straps can go all the way up your leg with the classic Gladiator look or keep it simple with a few straps across the foot. Either way you’ll be sure to make a statement this year! 

Pisces- Crocs

Pick up a pair (or 3) of these versatile and comfortable shoes we’ve all known from a young age. There’s no denying Crocs made a major comeback in recent years, and there’s no denying that they will remain a trend this Spring/Summer. Get them in funky, bright, neutral, and chaotic colors and patterns and add a little bit of spice to your wardrobe this season.

Aries- Classic Flip Flops

Aries, you need a shoe that’s ready for you on the go! With your spunky and bubbly personality, you need a shoe that’s an easy slip-on all while dressing up the outfit. Pair these with some jeans, a nice sundress, a skirt, sweatpants, you name it and you’re ready to walk out the door! 

Lizzie is a senior at DePauw University in Greencastle, IN. She is creating her own major compiled of Economics, Computer Science, and Studio Art which she will call "Emerging Technology in Business & Design". She hopes to own her own cosmetic company one day! Lizzie enjoys playing volleyball, doing anything artsy (embroidery, painting, graphic design, etc), playing around with makeup, and all things fall! Lizzie currently works on the photo blogs and she is also the photographer for DePauw's branch of HerCampus.
Hi, I'm Katherine! I'm an Anthropology major. I am a member of the Honors Scholar Program, as well as a Bonner Scholar.