This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

With Christmas slowly approaching and the pressure of finding a perfect gift, it’s never too early to start shopping, especially during a pandemic. Here are a variety of ideas to get you thinking about what you should ask for for Christmas or what to get your loved ones! 

Something Handmade–– Price range : Free – $

Did you pick up a new craft during quarantine? Showcase your skills and share your passion with your loved ones and friends! Sometimes a handmade gift can be more thoughtful than those 13-dollar socks and mug you picked up at Target a few weeks ago. Money can’t buy everything! 

Side tip: or even support a small business that you might find on Instagram or Etsy! Small businesses are struggling during the pandemic, so you can order a customizable gift from them to help support them! 

Gift Cards–– Price range : $-$$

Now I know this may seem lame to some of you. I know I’m not big on giving or receiving gift cards, but in the era where everything is bought online, these can be some of the best gifts for people, especially those family members who are doing online grocery orders to try and stay safe! Give a little extra love this holiday season in one simple card!

Makeshift Goody Basket–– Price range : $-$$$

Do you know someone who loves to try a little bit of everything? Or even desperately needs their own mini care package? Well, this is a perfect option and really allows you to make it customizable! My favorite ones are a “Wine and Cheese” basket, a “Girl’s Night” basket, or even an “At Home Spa Day” basket. Go all out and get creative!!

Underwear or Socks–– Price range : $-$$

Ladies hear me out on this one! Do you have a man in your life who is in constant need of new underwear? I mean how do they go through it so fast, right? Haha. Underwear, socks, or even a subscription to Dollar Shave Club, you can’t go wrong with either option. Plus they come in all fun colors and patterns. Get them as a gag gift or a basic necessity.

Side tip: Subscription services are also a really great gift idea, not only are there so many different types (beauty, shaving, wine, pet supplies, etc.) they offer another great option for someone to try a lot of different things, especially when it’s something they love. 

Makeup–– Price range: $-$$

This one goes out to our fellow beauty lovers! Have you been wanting to try new products, makeup or skincare, or know someone who would be interested in trying new things? This can be a really easy and affordable gift (depending on what brand you buy) that allows you to try new things and encourage others to try some of your favorite products. I know Sephora and Ulta are always stocked around this time of year with holiday sample sets that allow you to play around with new products! 

Toy–– Price range : $

Let’s not forget about your furry friends; they love to receive gifts just as much as we do! Treat your pet with an adorable squeaky toy, bone, new treats, bandana, etc. Honestly, anything you get them will make them love you even more! They love to be spoiled, and they’re probably the easiest to satisfy! 

Lizzie is a senior at DePauw University in Greencastle, IN. She is creating her own major compiled of Economics, Computer Science, and Studio Art which she will call "Emerging Technology in Business & Design". She hopes to own her own cosmetic company one day! Lizzie enjoys playing volleyball, doing anything artsy (embroidery, painting, graphic design, etc), playing around with makeup, and all things fall! Lizzie currently works on the photo blogs and she is also the photographer for DePauw's branch of HerCampus.