Style

Top 7 Costumes That Anyone Can Rock This Halloween!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, and yes, it is a holiday. With the stress of trying to figure out what I want to be, I thought I’d give you all some advice on some top trends I’ve been seeing on my Pinterest feed to help you to get thinking of some ideas to spice up your costume this year, even while being in quarantine! I mean we gotta spice it up somehow! 

Frat Boys

Are you missing Brad, Chad and Thad from Sig Ep while being off-campus this semester? Well, don’t worry because you can embrace your inner frat boy this Halloween and bring back the nostalgia from those late nights spent dancing on sticky tiled floors. Just grab an oversized button-down shirt, long socks, Birkenstocks if you have them ;) and top it off with a nice baseball cap. 

Cowgirl

Unleash your inner Kendall Jenner this Halloween! Make this as sexy

and stylish as you want! Pair with some cute pants, cow print and a nice cowgirl hat and you’re good to go! If you want to add some more flair, add some holographic, duo chrome or glittery pieces to your look and you have transformed into an Intergalactic Space Cowgirl! Who doesn’t love two costumes in one?

Couch Potato

Don’t feel like doing much this Halloween? No problem! Throw on your favorite pair of sweats, watch a good Halloween flick, grab a cup of apple cider, and if anyone asks, just say you’re a couch potato! Halloween doesn’t always have to be about being sexy, stylish and funny, it can be all about comfort too! Take a break, you deserve it :)

Astronaut and Alien

This is for all my couples out there in need of something to spice up their costumes this year. This is a fun way to incorporate comfort and style. Allow your significant other to be comfortable by throwing on an oversized astronaut suit, and you can throw on a cute outfit with some glitter, and boom a dynamic duo that is out of this world!

Bonus idea: If you both like the game Among Us and want to really be adventurous this Halloween, you both can go as astronauts. Just find suits that are two different colors! But be on the lookout for imposters ;)

Euphoria

Can’t think of a good group costume to be this Halloween? Don’t fret! Grab all your besties and go as this iconic clique from the award winning TV Drama series on HBO, Euphoria. You’ll be sure to find a costume that works for anyone! Identify your Rue, Jules, Kat, Maddy, Lexi, and Cassie, and step out on this trend setting group costume that is all the rave! 

Skull 

This one is for all my makeup lovers out there! Spice up any outfit

(especially a good leather moment) and make it your own with this easy and bad ass makeup look. It is so versatile, and you can do so many different looks. Whether you add a pop of color or pair with a dark lip, this look will for sure turn heads this Halloween! Express your creativity!

Beanie Babies

Last but certainly not least, we can’t forget about our furbabies. I know personally my dog doesn’t like to wear clothes or costumes in general and it breaks my heart. But I will say, this is the only costume he has ever let me put on him! It is perfect for your furbaby who doesn’t like to wear anything, and it is so easy to make! Just print out a picture of the beanie baby tag, or make your own, (if you’re feeling super creative, customize the inside of the tag as well!) tie it around their neck/collar and you’ll be sure to receive major heart eyes! 

Lizzie is a senior at DePauw University in Greencastle, IN. She is creating her own major compiled of Economics, Computer Science, and Studio Art which she will call "Emerging Technology in Business & Design". She hopes to own her own cosmetic company one day! Lizzie enjoys playing volleyball, doing anything artsy (embroidery, painting, graphic design, etc), playing around with makeup, and all things fall! Lizzie currently works on the photo blogs and she is also the photographer for DePauw's branch of HerCampus.
Hi, I'm Katherine! I'm an Anthropology major. I am a member of the Honors Scholar Program, as well as a Bonner Scholar.