This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

In case you were wondering of some new things to get involved with over spring break (or frankly any break), here is a list of some of my favorite things to do when trying to give my body and mind a break from the stress that is being a full-time student and working several jobs. 

1. Read a good book
    1. I know this is something people often say a lot when going on break but fueling your mind with a good book that isn’t required for a class is always a good strategy when trying to relax while remaining engaged. 
  2. Create a summer mood board on Pinterest
    1. This is by far one of my favorite things to do while I’m just laying around. Whether it’s planning future outfits, aesthetics, makeup looks, etc Pinterest is a great outlet to find new inspiration. 
  3. Make a new playlist
    1. This is also on the top of my list of favorites. I love to find new music and create playlists for different moods, especially if I’m sitting outside, whether that’s in my backyard or on a beach. 
  4. Catch up on some Z’s 
    1. Listening to your body and giving it the rest it deserves is probably the best thing you can do for yourself during any break. We far too often get overwhelmed in work whether school-related or not that we forget about the importance of checking in with ourselves and staying happy, healthy, and well-rested. 
  5. NOTHING!!
    1. And with that, granting yourself the grace to do nothing. Allow yourself to say no to more work and focus on yourself for once. :) Trust me that one work assignment can wait until another time, especially if it means your body and mind getting to take a break for once.
Lizzie is a senior at DePauw University in Greencastle, IN. She is creating her own major compiled of Economics, Computer Science, and Studio Art which she will call "Emerging Technology in Business & Design". She hopes to own her own cosmetic company one day! Lizzie enjoys playing volleyball, doing anything artsy (embroidery, painting, graphic design, etc), playing around with makeup, and all things fall! Lizzie currently works on the photo blogs and she is also the photographer for DePauw's branch of HerCampus.