This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

So we all know that the construction at Roy has been devastating for most of us, especially the seniors who won’t get to experience Roy again. But with that, we have found new and unique places to study for both indoor and outdoor study lovers. Here are my top 5 places I like to go when I need to escape from my room to study!

1. Julian
  • Julian has always been my go-to study spot besides studying in my room. Not only is it a nice and quiet atmosphere to study in, you’re also always sure to find a study buddy no matter what floor or corner you find yourself in.

2. GCPA Lobby

• I don’t know what it is but there’s something in the air the GCPA. I always feel so freshed and calm when I am hanging out in there or catching up on school work. I think it’s because of the big windows and the wonderful workers at Café Allegro, but either way the GCPA is a great spot to relieve some stress, catch up on work, or catch an amazing performance!

3. Peeler

• Peeler is another spot that I like to call my home away from home! I love to find creative inspiration and decompress from a long day in either the Peeler Lobby or find a quiet workspace in the basement. Before you graduate, at least once you have to try studying or even just spending an afternoon in Peeler in any spot that you can find. You definitely won’t regret it.

4. Blackstock/Reavis Stadium

• This one goes out to all of my athletes, former athletes, or those of you who just love an athletic atmosphere. The bleachers in either Blackstock or Reavis Stadium are a great way to get some work done while enjoying your surroundings. I also love to decompress and just hang out on a nice fall night and watch the sunset while sitting on one of the fields or looking across the softball field.

5. Nature Park

• And last, but certainly not least, is the Nature Park. Not only does the Nature Park offer a wide variety of spaces to get some work done, but it’s also just an amazing scenery to chill out during a study break. My favorite spaces are the top of the cliffs, inside the welcome center, by the water, or the meditation center. When it gets cooler, you can definitely guarantee to see me hanging out or getting some work done at the DePauw Nature Park and I highly encourage you to do the same! :)
Lizzie is a senior at DePauw University in Greencastle, IN. She is creating her own major compiled of Economics, Computer Science, and Studio Art which she will call "Emerging Technology in Business & Design". She hopes to own her own cosmetic company one day! Lizzie enjoys playing volleyball, doing anything artsy (embroidery, painting, graphic design, etc), playing around with makeup, and all things fall! Lizzie currently works on the photo blogs and she is also the photographer for DePauw's branch of HerCampus.