Sweet chef depauw
Sweet chef depauw
Original photo by Katherine Lenger
Style > Beauty

The Cutest Brand Ever: HerCampus x Sweet Chef Final Thoughts!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

A few weeks ago, Her Campus Chapter Correspondents were given the opportunity to test out a few new Sweet Chef products. Sweet Chef is vegan and Leaping Bunny certified cruelty-free. 

The Sweet Chef formulations are made with vitamins and vegetables and are meant to give your skin a radiant and healthy glow. We got to try the Carrot and Ginger Salicylic Acid Pore Cleanser, as well as the Carrot Ginger Blemish Rescue Patches.  Below are my final thoughts! 

Background information: I personally struggle a lot with cystic, hormonal acne.  I have since I was fourteen (and I am now twenty-two), so I was really excited to test out these products.  I am always down for a good, clean alternative for glowing skin.  

sweet chef depauw
Original photo by Katherine Lenger

First up, the cleanser! The Carrot and Ginger Salicylic Acid Pore Cleanser claims that it evens skin in tone, reduces blemishes, and the skin becomes brighter and more balanced.  I personally loved this cleanser because it felt lightweight on the skin, didn’t leave my skin feeling tight, and was unscented.  My skin struggles a lot with fragranced products because I have such sensitive skin, but I loved how this made my skin feel.  

sweet chef depauw
Original photo by Katherine Lenger

Secondly, the holy grail! The Carrot Ginger Blemish Rescue Patches. I adore these.  As I said, I struggle a lot with breakouts.  So, I am always looking for my new favorite acne patches.  I especially loved the variety of sizes these came in.  There were super small ones for tiny blemishes, small, medium, and large.  I tend to get clusters of breakouts, so I especially appreciated the larger hydrocolloid patches.  These soaked up everything and I was shocked in the morning with the results.  Even the cute, carrot-decorated patches reduced the size of my breakouts overnight.  

I also want to note that Sweet Chef supports real skin acceptance which, as someone that has struggled with acne almost all of my life, I really appreciate.  

Check out our TikTok for a more in-depth review!

(Also, your packaging is absolutely adorable). 

Thank you, Sweet Chef! 

Hi, I'm Katherine! I'm an Anthropology major. I am a member of the Honors Scholar Program, as well as a Bonner Scholar.