This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Meet Taylor Dennin, a sophomore who might be more involved than she originally planned but is now a vital part of the success of D3TV! Keep reading to learn about what’s to come in ‘The Source’ and how you can get involved and make an impact like she has!

Her Campus: Hi Taylor! Thanks for sitting down with HerCampus and telling us more about what you’re involved in! So tell us, what do you do at D3TV?

Taylor Dennin: I am the Assistant News Director for D3TV’s ‘The Source’, which is our campus TV show.

HC: Oh, interesting! What does this position entail?

TD: As the Assistant News Director I work with the News Director, Tilly Marlatt, on finding stories for the show as well as assigning readers for the script, creating video packages, setting up the studio and finding interviews for the show. I work behind the scenes while the show is being produced and occasionally anchor.

HC: Sounds like a lot of work; good for you! What has being involved in the media department done for you?

TD: Getting involved in the different media opportunities here has really opened a lot of doors for me. I’ve had the opportunity to meet a lot of incredible people and have learned how to be more engaged and aware of what is going on around me.

HC: Oh I’m sure! What inspired you to join D3TV?

TD: I was inspired to join D3TV because I had taken a Communications course called TV Production and Televisual Lit that was production based, and I found it super hands on and interesting. The class made me want to continue doing that kind of work on a weekly basis, and I ended up finding that at D3TV, along with a great group of friends! Others can get involved by going to d3tv.org!

HC: Thank goodness you took that class! What are you working on now?

TD: I am currently working on an upcoming show next week, which will cover important topics and will be our final show before spring break, SO TUNE IN!!

HC: HerCampus will be sure to tune in. Good luck! What’s your favorite thing you’ve done so far with D3TV?

TD: My favorite thing I’ve done so far at D3TV was joining. I found a group of amazing people who all love the different aspects of the station, from web design to directing. They’ve helped me grow and learn a lot!

HC: After this experience, do you hope to do anything media related in the future?

TD: Although I’m not 100% positive of what I want to do in the future, I think I am leaning towards the production and reporting side of media. I’m excited to see where I end up in a few years.

HC: I’m sure you’ll do great things wherever you go. Wishing nothing but success, Taylor, and thank you so much for the interview!

Sophomore Psychology MajorMember of Alpha PhiWomen's Varsity Lacrosse  
Campus Correspondent for HC DePauw! Psychology and Spanish major, art history minor '17. CollegeFashionista Style Guru & Editorial Intern. DePauw Cheerleading Social Media Manager.