This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Spring may be the most fun season for nail trends because of all of the natural inspiration. With clothing and makeup mirroring the budding flowers, many women choose to either keep their nails equally colorful or stick with a neutral shade to match any look!

Light Grey

Grey nails have been on trend for years with no sign of slowing down. Ditch slate for a cement colored shade, which is the perfect neutral for pairing with bright, patterned spring clothing.

Red-Orange

Warm and bold colors are always in style for spring. Orange can be a difficult color to pull off in clothing, but orangey red nails add the perfect pop of color for any skin tone.

Robin’s Egg Blue

Blue is a hot nail color year round, but stick for lighter shades to transition to from spring to summer. This pastel looks especially chic with a glossy topcoat to prevent chipping!

Baby Pink

Ballet slipper pink is a classic color that will pair with any outfit, day or night.

Bright White

White may seem like an unusual nail color choice- and may bring back memories of Middle School White Out nails- but it will pop against newly tanned skin. As with any light polish, it can be difficult to find the perfect opaque color so make sure to use a few coats for a streak free finish.

Depauw '17 I'm from Dublin, Oh and I write for the style blog :)
Campus Correspondent for HC DePauw! Psychology and Spanish major, art history minor '17. CollegeFashionista Style Guru & Editorial Intern. DePauw Cheerleading Social Media Manager.