This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Longer days, partly cloudy skies, a cool breeze in the air, and the perfect amount of sunshine…what could it be? SPRING is officially here! Now that it’s time to put away your chunky sweaters and booties, are you asking yourself what to wear? Here is a list of your spring 2019 essentials that will turn any outfit into a perfect spring ensemble!

Platform SandalsWhy do you need them in your life? These shoes are extremely comfortable and add extra height and style to any outfit. Throw these shoes on with anything (dresses, jeans, shorts, skirts, etc.), and you will instantly feel like you can run the world. Plus, you can dress them up or down! Perfect for a nice dinner and casual enough to go to class in.

Light Cardigan

Spring weather can be unpredictable, sometimes as hot as the middle of summer and other times colder than you’d like to admit. You have to be prepared for both, which is why you need a light cardigan that you can always throw on over a tank when it gets chilly and can also be easily taken off when it gets too hot. Opt for a light color so you don’t give off any winter or fall vibes. If you’re not a cardigan girl, a basic jean jacket is the perfect alternative!

Boho Headband

As the days get hotter and your hair gets longer, cute updos and braids will be your best friend. Adding a pop of color or a fun chic print to your hairstyle will be just what you need to pull off the “I tried but didn’t try too hard” look while also keeping your hair out of your face! There is nothing better than a cute and useful style. Perfect for those bad hair days too!

Floral Print DressThis a staple piece every year that you can never go wrong with. Practically floral print anything for the springtime is an essential. But the floral print sundress is a staple piece you need in your closet ASAP. Although any color would be perfect, I’d go for the classic yellow.

Statement Earrings

Sometimes the easiest spring outfit is a white T-shirt and a pair of jeans. Simple and classic. However, sometimes a little twist is all you need. Not only are tassels in style right now, but on earrings? Even better. They’re perfect statement earrings with pastel colors that scream easy, breezy and beautiful that you can throw on with anything. Think about what colors will pop against your hair color for this one!

Light Wash Ripped Jeans

These are honestly a staple year-round. But as spring comes, the lighter color goes perfect with the weather. Some days may not be warm enough for shorts, but you still want to show some skin, so the rips are perfect to feel the sun and breeze without bringing out the shorts yet!

Crossbody Purse

Springtime is when the weather gets warmer and your clothes get lighter, which includes your purse too. So, it’s time to put away those oversized totes and simplify your purse essentials. Everyone needs a perfect little crossbody; stick with the neutral colors so the purse can go with any outfit. My personal favorite is the neutral brown leather style, which also includes tassels to make it even cuter. Woven purses are also very in style for this spring too!

Rain JacketApril showers really do bring those May flowers…spring is full of rainy days, and having a rain jacket will be essential for surviving in style. Rainy days don’t have to be dull though. They can still be cute! Pick a fun, bright color with pops of patterns for your rain jacket. You’ll love your rain jacket so much, you’ll be wishing for more rainy days!

DePauw 2021. English Writing Major. Member of Alpha Chi Omega. Sushi and iced coffee are the ways to my heart.
Hi, my name is Bridget! I'm a Peace and Conflict Studies major with Philosophy and Asian Studies minors. I love writing about my friends, personal growth, social justice, and of course, all things Bachelor/Bachelorette!