Seven Style Lessons We Learned from Carrie Bradshaw

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

We all know Carrie Bradshaw from Sex and the City, and of course how can we forget her unique fashion sense? Carrie never let others’ style influence how she dressed. From the biggest fur coat on the New York City street or her strutting down Fifth Avenue in her new Manolo Blahnik’s. Here are seven fashion lessons we have learned from Carrie Bradshaw herself.

1.The classic mini skirt is a must.

Carrie took the classic plaid mini-skirt and paired it with her staple fur coat. I can just hear the 90’s calling now!

2. A sweater dress is always an option.

Miss. Bradshaw took a beige sweater dress paired it with a simple necklace, bangles and a bronze clutch, which created the perfect fall party outfit.

3. You don’t have to look runway ready all the time. Even the queen of fashion herself has her casual moments. Don’t be afraid to break out your own comfy shorts every once in awhile.

4. Everyone needs a little black dress.

Whether its casual or for a night out on the town, every woman should own a LBD.

5. Wear what makes you feel good.

Carrie’s signature outfit has to be her tulle skirt paired with a tank top. For some people this look may be over the top, but if it makes you happy, go for it!

6. Simple is always in style

Carrie was known for having loud and very personal outfits, but also had moments of pure, elegant simplicity. Simplicity will never go out of style.

7. Your best friends are the only accessories you need.

The biggest lesson Carrie Bradshaw taught us was to love your best friends. Of course, shoes and a great handbag are a must, but what’s the point of looking great if you don’t have best friends to go shopping with?

Campus Correspondent for HC DePauw! Psychology and Spanish major, art history minor '17. CollegeFashionista Style Guru & Editorial Intern. DePauw Cheerleading Social Media Manager.