This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Bored in quarantine, I have found myself listening to so many podcasts.  Somehow, they make me feel less alone.  Maybe it’s because I enjoy hearing voices talking other than my family for the first time in the past month.  Either way, here are my top recommendations for amazing podcasts. 

Mile Higher Podcast

This is my absolute favorite podcast of all time, and I recommend it to anyone that is into true crime, conspiracy theories or just all around want to have their mind opened. The two podcasters are Kendall Rae (you might know her from YouTube, she does a bunch of true crime videos) and her husband, Josh.  They are absolutely hilarious and listening to them feels like sitting down with friends.  

Gals On The Go

If you’re reading this post, you most likely already listen to Gals on the Go, because it’s the ultimate girl boss podcast. It stars Danielle Carolan and Brooke Miccio, two of my favorite YouTubers. Highly recommended if you’re missing your late-night friend group hangouts.  

My Favorite Murder

Another one of my favorites is My Favorite Murder, another true-crime podcast.  The women on this podcast are literally hilarious and they somehow give off the vibe of those conversations you have with your fun aunt.  

Lights Out

So, this is a newer podcast, but I absolutely fell in love with it.  It’s by Josh, who also works on the Mile Higher Podcast. However, this podcast takes on more paranormal stories.  It’s absolutely terrifying and thrilling.

I don’t know if you can tell, but I really like true crime podcasts… but I thought I would share my favorites. Podcasts are absolutely amazing if you want to get out of the house and drive around a bit, listening to a podcast.  You’d be surprised how fast the time goes.  

Hi, I'm Katherine! I'm an Anthropology major. I am a member of the Honors Scholar Program, as well as a Bonner Scholar.
Hi, I'm Rose Overbey! I'm a senior at DePauw University, majoring in English writing. I'm a passionate non-fiction writer with interests in upcycling, crafts, fashion, and the environment.