This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

DePauw students, especially DePauw women, are accustomed to the fact that there aren’t too many places to shop right around campus. But that can all change with the opening of a super cute boutique on the corner of Poplar and South Vine Street! Cricket’s opened just a few weeks ago, and is closer to campus than Starbucks…talk about a DePauw student’s dream come true! 

The boutique carries all sorts of cute clothing, both casual and fancy, along with accessories and jewelry. Even better, too, is they carry clothes of all sizes for girls and women! Need a present for your little cousin’s birthday party this saturday? Cricket’s has it. Need a really fun and flirty necklace for the party this weekend? No problem. 

Here’s a few of the hottest items in the store!

This dress is fun and flirty and perfect for the weekend’s best party, or even can be dressed up for a fall formal! Pair this beauty with a pair of heels and jewelry of your choice, and you’ll be looking fabulous. And you didn’t even need to venture to Indy, Plainfield or Terre Haute to shop! 

Autumn is just around the corner, and with chillier weather headed our way, we want to make sure that we pair the perfect dress with the perfect jacket! A maxi dress like this one can be worn to class and then out to dinner or the Duck with friends. Just throw on a jean jacket for that polished finishing touch, and you’re ready for the cooler breeze of fall!

A girl can never have too many pairs of jeans! These jeans are skinny and form fitted, and beause of the elesticity in the denim, the jeans fit all body types well, and hug to curves without being tight some places, and loose others. The top in this picture is a super soft material, and almost fits like a sweatshirt, which is perfect for laying around in the house, or meeting friends for lunch!

Pair this patterned dress with booties, and you’re ready for fall! Fashion magazines like Vogue and InStyle state that patterned dresses are one of the hottest items this fall. Easily convertible from day to night, these flirty items will help you steal the show, and look great doing it!

This, and so many other cute mini outfits are available at Cricket’s! All the outfits for children are brightly colored, patterned, and fun! Buying a present for your little cousin or your sibiling won’t be hard anymore with these cute little numbers! 

Be sure to check these, and all the styles out at Cricket’s as soon as you can! It’s a treasure chest of city fashion for us in the cornfields, and it’s always open for retail therapy! For more information, check out the Facebook page! 

All photos were published with the permission of photographer Nicole Speer, and store owner, Lauren Smoot.