Sweatpants Against A Wall
Sweatpants Against A Wall
Arianna Tucker / Her Campus
Style

My Favorite Athleisure Pieces

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Athleisure has become popular throughout college campuses. Who doesn’t want to be comfortable, fashionable and look like they could go to the gym whenever? Here are some of my staple pieces that I like to wear during the week when I know I’ll be at the library for the day. Why be uncomfortable in jeans or wear the same leggings and sweatshirt, when you can spice it up?!

Cropped Hoodie

I have several of these, and I think they are so comfortable and pair really well with leggings. I think cropped hoodies are a great way of staying warm while still looking cute. I wear these all the time especially if I know I am going to stay at the library for most of the day.

Long Sleeve Shirt with a Twist

I really like pairing these kinds of shirts with leggings, especially ones that are high waisted. I found that these are nice when it’s a little warmer outside, since throwing a jacket over it hides the cool twist on the front.

Patterned Leggings

Black leggings are classic, but I love leggings with crazy patterns. I like them because they are easy to pair with a neutral top. This way you don’t end up wearing all of the same color, and you can experiment more with different looks!

Leggings with Cutouts 

I like these either with mesh or literal holes; I think it adds a bit of flair to a regular outfit. If they are high waisted, they are a great item to pair with the long-sleeved shirts with the twist!

Joggers

Joggers, in my opinion, are so much more comfortable than leggings. They are more forgiving and not as restricting. Joggers can be dressed up depending on the style with a nice sweater.

I really like these items because you can combine the tops and bottoms in different ways for different outfits. Hopefully you all can be comfortable and fashionable through this midterm season! 

I am a senior at DePauw, majoring in Computer Science with a Math Minor. I'm interested in STEM and being eco friendly :)
Hi, I'm Rose Overbey! I'm a senior at DePauw University, majoring in English writing. I'm a passionate non-fiction writer with interests in upcycling, crafts, fashion, and the environment.