This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Meet Melissa Cobb, DePauw University’s new Panhellenic Executive Council President! With her drive and amazing attitude, DePauw’s Greek life is sure to get even better than it already is.

Celeb Fun Facts

• Year- 2014, Junior
  • Hometown- Carmel, IN
  •  Major- Biology
  • Sorority- Delta Gamma
  • Favorite Marvins food- Mac Bites
  • Favorite DePauw memory- I have so many favorite memories! One of them would have to be Delta Gamma formal this past fall. It was a blast and fun just to hang out with my friends and my sisters! Another memory that I will cherish is when I found out that I was elected President of Panhellenic. I was in the entryway of Delta Gamma surrounded by 30 of my sisters around me and when I got the call we all just started screaming out of excitement.  

HerCampus: First off, congratulations on being elected to be President of Panhellenic Executive Council! How does it feel?

Melissa Cobb: Thank you! It feels great! I am very excited to be Panhellenic President. I am glad that I can serve the Panhellenic community as a whole. The new Panhellenic Executive Council was installed last week and the new executive council has been bonding and I am thrilled to work with all of them this next calendar year. We all get along really well and we are excited to be a part of the Panhellenic Executive Council.

HC: Did you always think you would hold such a big position in the Greek community?

Melissa: I did not know that I would hold such a big position in the Greek community when I first joined Delta Gamma. I always knew that I wanted to get involved and hold leadership positions and after serving on the Panhellenic all-council as a delegate for Delta Gamma I knew that I wanted to get involved with the Panhellenic Executive Council. My mom is a member of a sorority and she was her chapter’s President and I know what a positive experience that was for her and I wanted a similar leadership experience. I talked to members of the old executive council and the Panhellenic Advisor and decided that I wanted to be President of Panhellenic Executive Council.

HC: What do you think about the current Greek system at DePauw?

Melissa: I love the Greek system at Depauw. Being a part of something that connects people across the world is unbelievable. The feeling of the community is something special to DePauw because we are so predominately Greek. Beyond the unity, I feel that everyone is excited to be Greek and be a part of an organization that brings all of us together in some way.

HC: Is there anything you want to change about DePauw’s Greek life right away?

Melissa: I want to further integrate all of Greek councils on DePauw’s campus. I want to improve the communication between Panhellenic, IFC, MGC, NPHC and Psi Xi. Through this communication between all of the Greek councils, stronger and better relationships will be formed. I feel that communicating between all of the Greek councils is important because then every Greek member on DePauw’s campus can get involved in and support everyone’s events easily.

HC: What do you see yourself doing after graduation? Anything Greek-oriented?

Melissa: I am honestly not sure what I want to do after graduation. I have thought about research, taking the LSATs, or getting a Master’s in education. The list goes on and on. I will always want to stay involved in Delta Gamma and Panhellenic life. I have also thought about applying to be a collegiate development consultant for Delta Gamma. Even though I have no idea where my career will lead me, I know that I will always be involved with Panhellenic and Delta Gamma.