This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Meet Megan Wagner, a senior Communications and Spanish double major with a Political Science minor. If that isn’t enough academically, she found herself getting involved with WGRE, DePauw’s student run radio show, and hasn’t looked back since! Keep reading to learn more about her position at WGRE and her favorite memories looking back as a senior!

Her Campus: Thanks for sitting down with us Meg; we know you’re really busy! So tell us, what’s your position in WGRE, and how did you get there?

Megan Wagner: I am currently the Station Manager at WGRE. I have had a radio show since freshman year and have held positions as Assistant Director of Promotions and Program Director.

HC: What made you want to get involved? How can others try out a radio show or end up on exec like you have?

MW:  I love music a lot, and even before I got to DePauw I wanted to be involved at the radio – especially after seeing the awesome facilities on my tour. It has hands down been my favorite and best experience in my four years at DePauw. WGRE is super easy to get involved with because we are on air 24/7, so there are always shows available for students, faculty, and community members to take on. Being a WGRE director is an awesome experience because you really get to know how everything works behind the scenes and get to meet some awesome people as well! 

HC:  That’s great you knew you wanted to be involved ever since your tour! What has been your favorite part of WGRE?

MW: My favorite part of working at WGRE is going in from 4-6AM on Friday nights when the DJ does not show up. HAHA JUST KIDDING. But I will say that one of my favorite parts is being in the station and just listening to my favorite songs or discovering new songs. Even if it is in the middle of the night, sometimes it is super relaxing and stress relieving to listen to music in the booth. Also, it is really cool to have friends and family tune in from other parts of the world to listen to your show.

HC: So true! The idea that family and friends can tune into 91.5 whenever and listen in is amazing! When did you have your favorite radio show and why?

MW: One of my favorite artists on WGRE is Sylvan Esso. My co-host, Gabby Jensen, and I play a lot of Sylvan Esso on our show. I am also a big fan of Mike Snow and The XX. 

HC: That’s so fun you can play your favorite music and run the show with a friend all at the same time! Are you planning to do anything with your media experience after graduation? 

MW: Next year I am going to be working in media planning and buying at a media agency in Chicago called Starcom. I am super excited to be able to continue to pursue a path in media.

HC: That’s so great you’ll be able to use your WGRE experience; good for you! What has being involved in WGRE and the media department done for you while at DePauw?

MW: Being involved at WGRE has been my favorite experience at DePauw. It has shaped me to be more organized, better at time management and learn how to work with a team. I have learned valuable leadership skills and have met some amazing people that I would not have met otherwise. I am extremely grateful for my experiences at WGRE and am going to be very sad to leave this May.

Sophomore Psychology MajorMember of Alpha PhiWomen's Varsity Lacrosse  
Campus Correspondent for HC DePauw! Psychology and Spanish major, art history minor '17. CollegeFashionista Style Guru & Editorial Intern. DePauw Cheerleading Social Media Manager.