Life With a Dog

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

One day, I was scrolling through my Facebook feed and noticed some illustrations with a girl and a dog. As I looked at one of the images, I thought the pictures looked similar to me and my pup and decided to keep looking. The artist’s name is Yaoyao Ma Van As, and she illustrated her life with her dog when living in Los Angeles. I found these photos to be so personal and beautiful, I wanted to share them with you all today.

I love this picture because it’s a part of my daily routine. Every time I return home, my dog, Bobby, is anxiously awaiting for me. Once I let him out of his cage, he’s so excited that he licks me all over my face and jumps all around. It’s honestly one of my favorite moments of my day.

The littlest things put a stupid grin on my face because I can’t help but feel lucky! We really don’t deserve dogs because they love us unconditionally and are always there to lift up our spirits.

Yes, Bob has the most annoying bark and startles me at least once a day, but he has a good heart. This image looks like it could be a shot of my exact life, I just love it!

Being outside is one of our favorite pastimes. Even though we’re both allergic to everything, this is how happy we are when we get to just lay in the rays of the sun and relax together. 

Bob is always trying to play at the most inconvenient times, like when I’m trying to write an important paper, but I still cherish the fact that he’s there and smile at his silliness.

This photo is my favorite, and I find it to be most important. We all get sad and have moments where the world seems to be a little too much. I love this photo because it is a representation of how much I’m not alone. Bobby seems to know when I am feeling low, and he stays right next to me through it all.

I hope you all enjoyed these photos as much as I did when I first found them.

Freshman at Depauw University.