Kelsey Miller ’11

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

This go-get’em girl has the whole package: brains, beauty, and a great sense of humor! Eat your hearts out, DePauw.
Major:  Economics and Communication
Status:  Single
Hometown: NAPtown (aka… Indy)
Activities:  Kappa Kappa Gamma, Mortar Board Senior Honor Society, America Reads*America Counts Tutoring Program
Interests:  Just your typical grandma things- sewing, crafting, knitting, and reading
Favorite place to study: Cool local coffee shops. But in Greencastle, Roy O. does the job
Most attractive thing you find in a guy: Confidence (not to be mistaken for the oh-too-common cocky & arrogant type), an outgoing personality, and a sense of humor
If you could be someone else for a day, who would you choose?  J.LO!!  Or, Emma from Glee, so I could be lusted after by Mr. Schuester… Mmm….
Favorites:  I’m too indecisive to have favorites… I’m non-discriminatory. But I’m a sucker for Jodi Picoult books…and terrible chick flicks…and laying out on the beach
Now playing:  Shaggy- It Wasn’t Me… embarrassing much?
Dream Job:  Jerry Springer- hands down
Favorite quote:  “Live to Matter”
Proudest DePauw Moment:  Face-planting onto Kelley James’s stage… and HIS video of it being posted on YouTube… then landing a VIP photo on his Twitter page of me with his shirtless bod, complete with my broken dress strap and bloody foot. Never a prouder moment in my life

Katie Tangri is a senior at DePauw University, class of 2011, studying Communication and Sociology. She is a member of the Alpha chapter of Kappa Alpha Theta, a speaking and listening consultant and the Vice President of Program for Panhellenic Council. Her interests include shopping, baking and reading. She hopes to get a job at a non-profit organization upon graduation.