Just When I Thought I Couldn’t Love Taylor Swift Anymore…

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Taylor Swift has done it again. I can still remember being excited to get the Fearless album for Christmas when I was 11. Now, I am nearing 21 and Lover could have made me any more sentimental. Having grown up with Taylor, I can truly say that her music has influenced my life. 

Of course this album is unlike anything else she has ever done but no less amazing than her previous stuff. The first couple singles that were released, “ME!” and “You Need To Calm Down”, made me expect this album to be extremely upbeat. When “Archer” came out I knew that there would be a diverse group of songs.  

Here are my favorite songs on the album! 

“I Forgot That You Existed”

This bop will be stuck in your head all day, but in a good way. As always, Taylor doesn’t hold back the sass or his realistic perspective about relationships and love. Her lyrics describe the feeling of finally forgetting about an ex and being able to move on. Catching me singing this until further notice. 

“Paper Rings” 

This is another one of the more upbeat songs on the album. The chorus is unbelievably catchy and uplifting, with a rocking beat. My favorite part about this song though is the sweet story. This line sums it up best, “I like shinny things, but I’d marry you with paper rings.” Keep singing the truth T. Swift! 

“Lover”

This title song damn near moves me to tears. It makes me believe in true love. It makes me want to get married tomorrow so I can dance to this song. In addition to this song being literal audio magic, the music video is visually stunning. Look above to see a sneak peak of the video that I expect all of you to watch as soon as you click out of this article. 

“Afterglow” 

This slow and soulful ballot is so powerful. It is perfect for a chill night playlist and some “me” time. My favorite lyric is, “Just wanna lift you up and not let you go/ This ultraviolet morning light below/ tells me this love is wroth the fight, oh.” Beautiful words, written by a beautiful person.

“The Man”

You can’t listen to this song without feeling pretty damn empowered. This song has a cool techno beat and a kick ass meaning. I’ll leave you with a line from the chorus, “I’m so sick of running as fast as I can/ Wondering if I would get there faster if I was a man.” Preach!!

In conclusion, Taylor Swift is a queen. Lover is amazing. You should all download it. Thanks for reading. 

Hi, I'm Zosha! I'm a senior and I'm also the Senior Editor of the DePauw HerCampus Chapter. I'm an English Writing Major and Psychology Minor. In addition to HerCampus, I am also a Bonner School, Fiction Editor for the Midwestern Review, and a member of Alpha Chi Omega. My obsessions are otters, The Office, and flowers.
Hi, I'm Rose Overbey! I'm a senior at DePauw University, majoring in English writing. I'm a passionate non-fiction writer with interests in upcycling, crafts, fashion, and the environment.