Jake Hemrick ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Let’s just say our campus cutie knows how to dress for the occasion, leaving you with a great first impression. Jake Hemrick showed up looking like a cross between Ryan Gosling and Ryan Reynolds, sporting some dark wash denim jeans, a blue plaid button up, paired with some black bangs, a new popular shoe brand here on campus.

Her Campus – So Jake, tell the readers a little bit about yourself.

Campus Cutie- I was born in Columbus Ohio so I am a Native Buckeye (Go Bucks) but I was raised in Franklin, Indiana. I don’t expect anyone to know where that is but if you’re a corn connoisseur you’ve probably tasted a little bit of Franklin in your lifetime. I am Junior at Depauw University and I am studying economics. As president of my fraternity I have little spare time but If I do find a little time I exercise and may hop on the tandem bicycle for a joy ride around campus.

HC- I always see you wearing those Bangz shoes, they seem pretty cool. Can you tell us a little bit about them and what you do for the company?

CC- I am a campus representative for Bangs Shoes so I promote the brand on campus and surrounding area. It is an amazing company that donates 20% its profits to increase financial empowerment around the globe. Bangs Founder and CEO Hannah Davis founded the company on the premise off focusing and committing her company to Change. She wants to help change the world for the better by “wearing good”.

HC- That sounds great, I might have to pick up a pair from you sometime. So how do you like being the President of Delt? I’m sure it’s a huge responsibility.

CC- I love being president of Delta Tau Delta. It is an honor for a group of seventy guys to choose you to lead them through some of the best, and most cherished years of their lives. On the weekends I feel like a glorified baby sitter but I wouldn’t change a thing!

HC- I could imagine, but you do a great job of it! So what is something that no one else really knows about you, a fun fact?

CC- Well I’m pretty much an open book… but one thing a lot of people do not know about me is that I performed in the halftime show with Madonna for the Super bowl my senior year when Indianapolis hosted the Super Bowl.

HC – Not only does he have the looks ladies, but he has the whole package and can even dance! That’s pretty cool Jake. Alright, this question is very important. It will define you as a person….Miley Cyrus or Beyoncé?

CC- Yonce baby! (Said with no hesitation)

HC- What is the last song you were listening to on your iPod?

CC-  Trumpets by Jason Derulo.

HC- Hey, that’s one of my favorite songs right now so you my friend have a great taste in music. Okay, so it’s that time of the interview….I am sure the readers are dying to know already. What is the status of our campus cutie of the week?

CC- I am in a committed relationship with the one and only Rachael Frances Lenderman. I am a lucky guy, am I right?!

HC- Awww! He is so sweet! So for an ideal date, do you take your girlfriend to the cinema, or take her to dairy castle?

CC- . Hmm…both are great options, but we both love to eat more, so I’d have to say Dairy Castle is the move.

HC- For you, what would a perfect date in Greencastle look like?

CC- I grew up with two sisters so I have a little bit of a soft side. I would light a few candles in my room, order some #1 Chinese (a local Chinese food joint here in town) and watch her favorite movie.

HC- Well fellas, take notes from Jake. He has a great taste in music, he is thoughtful, and he can dance. He’s got the whole package. Thanks for stopping by and chatting with us Jake, you definitely have earned your spot for campus cutie of the week!

Rose Overbey

DePauw '20