This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.
Transitioning from high school to college was very exciting, but definitely a little scary. Thankfully, the family that Humbert Hall helped form made DePauw a home-away-from-home for a group of us. Our family consists of three pairs of roommates on Humbert 3, along with two honorary Humbert residents. Spending time together, having each other’s support and keeping up with our group chat has made our first-year the most memorable. 

Meet our wonderful family:

Andrew: Also known as “Cash” from Denver, Colorado. If you need to vent to someone, go to him because he’s a very good listener! He can also groove to the beat with his awesome dance moves.

Antonio: From Baltimore, Maryland. You can always find him with a striking bucket hat that occasionally matches his shirt!

Ray: From Evansville, Indiana. He’s always up for a good time. Our RAY of sunshine, we can count on him to brighten our moods!

Kevin: From Zionsville, Indiana. If you’re looking for a great song to listen to, Kevin is the man. He accompanies his great music choices with his awesome head bop! “Autobots, roll out!”

Natalie: From Chicago, Illinois. The cat fanatic, Hot Cheetos-loving, cool aunt of the family! If you need a laugh, Natalie is the gal for that! 

Selma: From Chicago, Illinois. Our sassy Bosnian who you know you can count on for her sarcastic comments, but they’re always out of love! 

Izabelle: From Chicago, Illinois. My roommate and best friend for seven years till forever. One of the most caring people on Earth. She ALWAYS has her mom bag on her. You can count on her for granola bars and water: anytime, anywhere!

Francesca (me): From Chicago, Illinois. Also occasionally called Money, Fran or Franiel. Known as the one with TOO much energy! Very thankful and loves her Humbert family so much!

We spend most of our time lounging in 303, occasionally in 318 when we want to watch a movie or when the boys want to play NHL, or by driving to Indianapolis for some grub. Regardless of the place, we always have the best time together. Some say that you find your lifelong friends in college, but we can say that we have found a family.