This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Not only did the recent ice storm bring us two spectacular days off from classes and a much-needed break after the first day of class (the transition from Winter Term can be rough), it also coated our campus with a blanket of glittery goodness and a beautiful sheen of ice.  I mean, don’t get me wrong, it was a serious hazard to even consider walking outside, especially for those of us with less than fantastic coordination skills.  And although even the simplest five-minute walk across campus suddenly became a treacherous hike, complete with falling ice and the ever looming threat of slipping right in front of the latest campus cutie, not even the biggest Debbie Downer can deny how absolutely breathtaking everyday sights are once Mother Nature takes over.  So take a good look DePauw. Don your ice skates and appreciate how amazing the sights are around your beautiful campus—just be careful to dodge the occasional falling tree limb!  Enjoy!

These icy berries will make you thirsty for your favorite fruity beverage—on the rocks!

This frozen moment glitters in the sun.

This bench is a bit too chilly to seat any booty’s just yet!

Goodnight, GCPA.

This icicle race is no contest.

You won’t be going far on this campus bike any time soon!

Leanne Schaub is a senior at DePauw University, class of 2011, where she is majoring in Communication with a minor in Psychology. She is originally from the beautiful town of Leland, located in northern Michigan. Leanne is the President of the Gamma chapter of Alpha Phi and is a Speaking and Listening Center Consultant. On those rare occasions when she is not busy with academics or extracurricular activities, she loves dancing, catching up with family and friends, watching classic movies, being creative, cooking, and organizing.