I Asked People About Their Favorite Thanksgiving Food

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Hi! I’m Katherine and (unpopular opinion) I don’t really like Thanksgiving food.  I mean, I’ll eat it, but it is definitely not my favorite.  Being a Thanksgiving food hater, I thought I would ask some of my friends what dish they were most looking forward to this year and why.  

Alicia: “I actually hate Thanksgiving food because I got my tonsils out there days before when I was 9, so every time I eat Thanksgiving food, it makes my throat hurt.  But I guess stuffing? It’s so warm and yeasty and I f***ing love bread.” 

Sophie: “Stuffing because there’s so many ways you can make it, and because it warms my soul.” 

Madalyn: “I like green bean casserole because it’s a family tradition and my family loves green beans!” 

Angelica: “I want to say sweet potatoes but basically because I love them and eat them almost every day anyways.” 

Drew: “Mine is Mac n Cheese because my mom and I have a tradition of making our own recipe with breadcrumbs, and it’s my favorite because we make it together.” 

Alexa: “Okay, so my favorite is sweet potatoes with marshmallows on top because it makes me think of my mom because we have made it together every year since I was four.” 

Josie (my sister, honorary DPU student): “I only like corn casserole and that is because I hate a whole holiday just for eating, so that’s all I eat.” 

My mother (another honorary DPU student): “Honestly? Cranberry Sauce… It reminds me of a family friend.”

Lisa: “My favs are cranberry sauce because it’s fire on turkey.” 

Hi, I'm Katherine! I'm an Anthropology major. I am a member of the Honors Scholar Program, as well as a Bonner Scholar.