This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

A new type of clothing has emerged: the bodysuit. While these may take a little getting used to for some, they can offer styles that would otherwise be unachievable with a regular shirt. Some offer great support and wrap around the body in a really flattering and form-fitting way. Here are a few of our favorite styles!

1. The Open Back

With the hot summer sun that has arrived, the bodysuit offers a very cool option. A bodysuit hugs the body enough but also allows for a completely open back. Pair with shorts for the higher temps or jeans for a night out.

2. The Long Sleeve

For the perfect saucy nighttime outfit, choose a long sleeve bodysuit with a lace up front and a tight pair of jeans. The body con fit of the body suit provides a slimming shape. Go for a more casual look with a pair of boyfriend jeans and sneakers for a cute daytime outfit.

3. The Lace

Some of the most intricate lace pieces offered are bodysuits. The unique lace bodysuit will not be forgotten. If you’re looking for a show-stopping piece, this is it.

4. The Sheer

Last but not least, a completely sheer top for the boldest and the bravest. While the thought of wearing something both tight AND see-through strikes fear in the hearts of some, those who can pull it off get to sport fun undergarments.

Campus Correspondent for HC DePauw! Psychology and Spanish major, art history minor '17. CollegeFashionista Style Guru & Editorial Intern. DePauw Cheerleading Social Media Manager.