ekaterina shevchenko ZLTlHeKbh04 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ekaterina shevchenko ZLTlHeKbh04 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Personally, I know it can be very difficult and daunting to buy a gift for someone. I always have trouble thinking of things that people could actually use and would enjoy. I’m always scared they’ll have no use for the product or just simply would not enjoy it and return it instead. So, below are some products that are gender-neutral that people could use. 

LED Lights

This is probably one of the most popular products currently on the market. I can honestly say almost all of my friends have these or want these. This is a good room decoration that is fairly inexpensive and will last a long time. 

Blankets

Personally, I can’t think of anyone who wouldn’t enjoy this gift. I love blankets, and I use them every single day. I mean, what’s not to love? They’re soft and warm. 

A mug or cup

These can be very fun especially around the holidays. You can get festive ones that will go with the holiday season. Or you can even get just regular cups or mugs and customize them and make it your own. There are also ones that they can decorate themselves and give them a fun activity to do at home!

Desk accessories/school supplies

Yes, I know this is kind of a boring gift but it is pretty useful and most people think of school supplies last on their list. In reality, these products can also add up and get expensive, so you might be saving them money in the long run. 

Gift card

All you have to do is choose their most favorite place to shop or eat. (Also you don’t have to put a lot of money on these, they can be $5). Mainly because people love saving money so this might be very beneficial to someone. 

There are definitely more fun and inexpensive gifts out there but throughout my 19 years of living I’d say these are the easiest to access. Personally, I give these types of gifts to family members or different friends. These provide a little holiday cheer but don’t end up breaking your bank. 

I am a Senior at DePauw University, and a Kinesiology major. I love swimming and occasionally playing tennis. I have a dog and I am from Franklin, IN.