samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

HC Humans of DePauw: First Year Spotlights

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Transitioning from high school to college is a nerve wracking, but exciting experience. Let’s hear from these three lovely first year students at DePauw about their stories so far, along with some of their fall favorites!

Name: Selma Muratovic

Hometown: Chicago, Illinois

Major: Biology

What do you like most about DePauw: My favorite thing about DePauw so far is the community! It feels like home already!

Favorite Thing To Do at DePauw: Midnight studying at Julian with my friends have become one of my favorite things to do.

Favorite Fall Accessory: Dark lipstick is a must! Leather jackets and boots are key accessories as well.

Name: Natalie Pierce

Hometown:  Chicago, Illinois

Major: Undecided

What do you like most about DePauw: I love how convenient everything else in terms of travel. I can wake up 15 minutes before class and still make it!

Favorite Thing To Do at DePauw: Going to late-night at the Den with my best friends is so much fun.

Favorite Fall Accessory: Scarves are my go to fall accessories.

Name: Izabelle Bystrowicz

Hometown: Chicago, Illinois

Major: Economics

What do you like most about DePauw: I love DePauw for its vast array of study abroad opportunities. I am going to Nicaragua for Winter term and anticipate to go to France this summer.

Favorite Thing To Do at DePauw: My favorite thing to do here so far is walk around the campus on a beautiful weather.

Favorite Fall Accessory: I have a bunch of wind-breakers that I love to wear during the fall.