This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Every girl wants a little bit of a sun-kissed glow, especially heading into the summer. However, ladies – it is SO important to protect our skin! Since summer is quickly approaching, I have decided to do a little research on the current faves when it comes to self-tanner. In this article I have included four of my own self-tanning favorites, my sorority sisters’ self-tanning favorites and the additional top-rated self-tanning products that offer a variety of benefits to a variety of skin types and tones. Give your skin beautiful color without harming it – keep it healthy and young! I love self-tanner, and I hope that with help from this article, you will learn to love it too (if you haven’t already!).One of my roommates is obsessed with this brand and told me that I HAVE to include it in this article, so I did. After reading reviews on St. Tropez, it seemed very obvious that it is a well-liked brand. Many people wrote reviews saying that they are very fair-skinned, and that St. Tropez does not appear to be orange in the least bit. It appears to be very natural, and a lot of reviewers also recommended allowing it to set overnight. Find this product for as low as $20, and depending on if you prefer lotion or mousse, the product can go up to $45.

I have super dry skin, so for you ladies who have this same problem – this is the brand to use. Josie Maran’s Argan Liquid Gold Self-Tanning Oil is ultra-moisturizing, giving you both color and smooth, glossy legs. Depending on where it is purchased, this brand ranges from about $20-$40. Reviews said that if you are looking for a darker, bronze look, this isn’t for you – but it gives a very natural sun-kissed glow.

My friend uses Loving Tan and she has the most natural looking tan I have ever seen – she has gotten so many girls in her sorority absolutely hooked on this. It gives you a beautiful bronze shimmery look and literally looks like you have been on the beach for a week. It is a little pricier than most self-tanners (ranging from about $35-$60), however it is totally worth it for the quality and the natural olive color it gives you! It includes a built-in color guide, and it has profession strength and contains all natural ingredients. This is a 5-star self-tanner, ladies.One self-tanner that is definitely less popular but super effective is Norvell’s Dancing with the Stars self-tanner. I started using this when I was in high school, and it is AMAZING. There are lots of different kinds, including mousses, lotions, and airbrush sprays, and they work so well, especially for the price. These products are as low as $8 and only go up to about $25, and they give you gorgeous color with a great smell. They give you instant color, but gradually increase color throughout the day. This product is a must-have!

Campus Correspondent for HC DePauw! Psychology and Spanish major, art history minor '17. CollegeFashionista Style Guru & Editorial Intern. DePauw Cheerleading Social Media Manager.