Style > Beauty

Glossier Products I LOVE, and You Should Too

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

The next time you find yourself in New York, there is a new stop that you need to have on your agenda: The Glossier store. I had the opportunity to check out the Glossier store over fall break, and I must say, the 45-minute wait to actually get into the building was well worth it. Not only was the store itself gorgeous, the products I ended up purchasing are some of my new favorites. Here’s a breakdown of my thoughts on the four products I purchased from the Glossier store that I absolutely love. 

Boy Brow $16

As someone who likes to go with a more natural brow look, I have struggled to find a product that can both shape and thicken my eyebrows without looking too dramatic. Glossier’s top rated product, Boy Brow, is just light enough that it makes my brows look “done” in the most natural way possible. I use this product before class, parties, date nights or literally any event, because it completes every makeup look without making my eyebrows look too dark or heavily shaped. It also takes two seconds to put on as you apply the product with a wand directly onto your eyebrows. I highly recommend this product to anyone who likes a natural brow look! 

Balm Dotcom $12

Glossier’s Balm Dotcom is a product that has quickly become very near and dear to my heart. I am truly a lip balm fanatic, but I have never enjoyed any other lip balm as much as I love this universal skin salve. I purchased the Birthday Balm Dotcom and apply it to my lips every morning as well as a couple other times throughout the day— I actually can’t stop using it. This particular flavor smells and tastes exactly like a birthday cake and has a subtle shimmer. The formula is extremely nourishing, and my lips stay hydrated after using this lip balm for hours. Another great thing about this product is that since it is a universal skin salve and not just a lip balm, you can apply it to dry cuticles or hands as well. 

Glitter Gelée $14

The third product I purchased is by far the most fun: The Glitter Gelée. If you love glitter, this product is perfect for you. Instead of applying glitter flakes with Vaseline, the Glitter Gelée can be applied right out of the pot and stays in place for hours. I’ve had fun applying this to my eyelids on top of eyeshadow, as well as on my cheekbones and lips. This product comes in four different colors, but the gold is my personal favorite. 

Cloud Paint $18

The last product that I purchased from the Glossier store is Cloud Paint. This product is a gel-cream cheek color and offers an alternative to powder blush. Cloud Paint works great for days when you’re wearing little to no foundation as it gives you a hint of natural-looking color to your cheeks. What’s best is that it’s super quick and easy to use. Just dab a little of the product on your finger and blend it in to your cheekbones for a flushed glow. 

I am a junior at DePauw majoring in psychology and minoring in communication studies!
Hi, I'm Rose Overbey! I'm a senior at DePauw University, majoring in English writing. I'm a passionate non-fiction writer with interests in upcycling, crafts, fashion, and the environment.