Four Seasons of Leather Jackets

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

A leather jacket has become quite the staple recently. Whether you are going out or going to class it gives you that extra little bit of confidence to get you out the door. Many people may feel restricted to wearing a leather jacket only during the colder months, but I am here to prove to you that you can wear a leather jacket year-round. By changing the color of the jacket or what you wear along with it, you will be able to wear that leather jacket twelve out of twelve months of the year.

Spring:

A navy leather jacket with a light cream sweater makes the perfect outfit to transition out of a cold winter. The navy is a little lighter than black and by having the lace detail at the bottom it softens up the leather jacket. 

Summer:

Wearing a leather jacket in the summer may sound completely dreadful to the majority of you but this pastel, mint colored jacket will prove to you otherwise. Since this jacket is so bright I paired it with a neutral top with colored detailing and a pair of white jeans. When looking for a leather jacket for the summer it is important to keep it light and any pastel color would work for this look.

Fall:

Earth tones are crucial when looking for a good leather jacket for the fall. I chose this camel colored jacket and paired it with a long-sleeved patterned top to give the outfit some dimension. I love that there is matching colored detail at the bottom of this top that ties the outfit together. 

Winter:

Finally, for winter we can pull out the black leather jacket that started it all. You can’t go wrong with throwing this on over any outfit. I chose to show the edgy side with the spikes on the shoulders giving it a personal touch. When you are purchasing your black leather jacket make sure you love all of the details because that will make you even more confident when you are on your way out the door. 

Campus Correspondent for HC DePauw! Psychology and Spanish major, art history minor '17. CollegeFashionista Style Guru & Editorial Intern. DePauw Cheerleading Social Media Manager.