Five Ways to Celebrate Now that Spring is Here!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Finally! It’s time for spring. It seems like we have been stuck in coats and boots for the longest time! Now, after about four months of the grueling cold, it looks like spring is starting off early this year. That’s right, it’s time to put away your coats and boots and bring out your converse and sandals. We no longer have to worry about below freezing temperatures. The good thing is that now that it’s getting warmer, we can start doing more things outside. Here is a list of activities that you can do now that spring has finally showed us its beautiful face!

1. Do Homework

Never mind the library! Get some fresh air by doing your homework outside. This is a great time to do it as the bugs aren’t so prevalent during springtime.

2. Go for a Walk with Friends

Going for a walk is a great way to get some physical exercise and enjoy the beautiful weather at the same time! It’s a simple way to take a break from homework or studying and enjoy the fresh air.

3. Go to the Movies

The movies! Catch up on your favorite new films by going to the movies. If you live close, walk to the movies with some friends. It’s a great study break!

4. Attend Campus Events

Attending campus events is a great way to enjoy the weather and stay involved. Whether it’s an event at a fraternity or an event thrown by the university, there is always something to do. This is also a great opportunity to join an organization if you’re interested.

5. Volunteer at the Humane Society

If you have a humane society near your college or university, volunteer there! They are always looking for people to walk their dogs and play with the cats. However, walking their dogs is a great way to get some physical exercise and enjoy the weather. It’s a time to snuggle up with a nice dog and enjoy life.

Hey guys! My name is Nina Moore and I am currently a sophomore at DePauw! I am studying biology and Spanish. I love writing about fashion because, as cliche as it is, it really is one of my passions! Hope you guys like my articles!
Campus Correspondent for HC DePauw! Psychology and Spanish major, art history minor '17. CollegeFashionista Style Guru & Editorial Intern. DePauw Cheerleading Social Media Manager.