Five Must Have Items for an Alarm Clock Emergency

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Sometimes that snooze button is just too easy to tap. So when you’re running late, have these items handy!

1)    Dry Shampoo:

You probably have seen this green and white bottle more than once. Not Your Mother’s Dry Shampoo is the BEST dry shampoo I’ve ever used, and that’s saying a lot considering I have blonde, thin and oily hair. If you snooze on your alarm, this dry shampoo only takes a minute or two to make your hair look clean enough to get through the day. By the way, some stores have mini-bottles of these in stock so you can fit it in your purse for a mid-day touch up.

2)    Concealer:

Originally, I borrowed this Bobbi Brown Face Touch Up Stick from a friend when my face was breaking out, however I realized it also works great as an under eye concealer. This product is a must-have because it feels like nothing is on your face, blends easily, and it is quick to use, especially if you don’t have time for your full makeup routine.

3)    Body Wipes:

Since you probably don’t have time to shower, these are extremely helpful in getting rid of that gross not-showered feeling and are safe to use on the entire body. They have a fresh scent and are perfect for dirt and sweat and being on-the go. The best part is that unlike many baby wipes, they come in packets so you can throw a couple in your purse.

4)    Colgate Wisps:

These mini- disposable toothbrushes are perfect for mornings like these. They don’t require any water or rinsing and have a breath freshening bead! I would use this with a travel size bottle of mouthwash just for some extra freshening. Plus both can fit in your purse!

5)    Breakfast:

Just because you’re running late does not mean you should skip the most important meal of the day. This is personally my favorite breakfast because I always seem to be running late. It takes about three minutes to make which is about the amount of time it will take you to get dressed or pack up your things. You just add boiling water, grab a spoon, and go. Also, I was never a big fan of oatmeal but the variety of flavors and real fruit in it makes it extra tasty.

Rose Overbey

DePauw '20