This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

As a first-year, I set out on a project for one of my first Her Campus articles. I decided to ask my friends and peers what their dream job was. I asked them to write it down on a whiteboard so I could take a picture. Then I asked them their major/intended major. I was thinking that the two wouldn’t match up well, with money as a motivator instead of passion. To my pleasant surprise, my Humbert friends were pretty spot on. Now as a senior, I thought I would do a little follow-up to see if their majors and plans have changed. Check out these seniors with amazing plans for the fall!

Emma Duncan

First-year:

Senior year: Emma is a global health major with minors in sociology and education studies. She is moving to Texas and becoming a teacher and also hopes to volunteer with some nonprofits working with immigration rights. Owning a home store could still be down the road, but in the meantime, I’m sure her classroom will be well decorated!

Abby Stein

First-year:

Senior year: Abby is now a biochem AND literature double major. She’s going into biotech consulting. Love that she’s still working in the medical field but found a path that meets all her interests. Go Abby!

Hannah Houpt

First-year:

Senior year: Hannah is now an anthropology AND peace and conflict studies major. Hannah has made her dreams a reality: she will be joining the Peace Corps! Hannah is heading to Moldova where she will be teaching students. Peace out, Hannah Houpt! You are an inspiration.

Madison McGeehan

First-year:

Senior year: Madison is a philosophy major and psychology minor—not to mention an Ethics Bowl champ!! In the fall, she will be attending Cornell University to pursue a master’s in health administration. You love to see it.Kaitlyn Malley

First-year: 

Senior year: Back when I took that picture, neuroscience wasn’t even an official major, but young Kaitlyn was hopeful. And today, IT IS! Kaitlyn is a neuroscience major with minors in math and French. She will be pursuing a Ph.D. in neuroscience at the University of Texas-Dallas. We love a woman in STEM making her dreams a reality.

Leia Hudgins

First-year:

Senior year: Leia is now a global health major with a biochemistry minor. She still wants to be a doctor and is pursuing that dream. Go, Dr. Hudgins!

Sabrina Straessle

First-year:

Senior year: Sabrina is still on that communications and Spanish grind but found a job more aligned with those interests. That’s right, she already has a job! She is the Promotions Coordinator of 97.1 HANK FM, a country music radio station based in Indy.

Hi, my name is Bridget! I'm a Peace and Conflict Studies major with Philosophy and Asian Studies minors. I love writing about my friends, personal growth, social justice, and of course, all things Bachelor/Bachelorette!