Find Your Next Podcast: A List of Five Very Different Shows

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Podcast have been getting more and more popular lately. There are so many out there that it can be hard to decide which show to start. Here are five different shows that cover a wide range of topics–– so hopefully there is something for everyone. 

The Office Ladies

The Office is one of the most popular shows of all time. Jenna Fisher (Pam) and Angela Kinsey (Angela) are best friends in real life so they decided to do a rewatch show, where they break down each episode and give behind the scenes info! Even if you aren’t a huge fan of The Office, they also give really cool insights on how a TV show is made. I’ve learned so much about the writers room, what actors go through, and even the editing process. 

Middle Ground Podcast

This show is not topping the charts, however its great quality and offers a little something for everyone. Jo Johnson Overbey and Caroline Stelte are millennial and gen z friends who offer their slightly different perspectives on a variety of topics. They are both photographers and content creators, but their show offers information on everything from manifesting to pet peeves. Give them a follow on Instagram and check out their show to help them grow! 

Call Her Daddy

If you are on the internet at all, then you have probably already heard of this show. Alex Cooper (and her ex co-host Sofie Franklyn) started this show a couple years ago to talk all about sex, dating in your 20s, and wild party stories. For the past couple of years this show has topped the charts! Lately there have been some famous guest featured on the show included Harry Jowsey and Miley Cyrus. It’s extremely raunchy but hiliarous! 

Science Vs

If you want to learn something, I highly recommend this pod. Each episode they break down different topics in terms of science. My favorite episode is about love and monogamy. The audio is extremely entertaining and professional. They cover topics like obersity, meditation, big foot, and more! This is the kind of show that I like to pick and choose episodes that sound interesting to me. 

My Favorite Murder

I don’t like crime podcast, but in an effort to get a very diverse array of shows I felt I had to include at least one pod about murder. So, I contacted my friend Jane, and she told me about My Favorite Murder! Here is what she had to say: “It’s Karen Kilgarif and Georgia Hardstark, and they each talk about a different murder every episode. They also did live shows before corona where they would tell murder stories about the city they were in. It’s just great because they’re both comedians and feminists so they make jokes about the murderers.” Check it out if you are looking for a laugh and a scare.

Hopefully at least one of these podcast sounds interesting to you. I know I love listening and learning from them, so I hope you do too!

Hi, I'm Zosha! I'm a senior and I'm also the Senior Editor of the DePauw HerCampus Chapter. I'm an English Writing Major and Psychology Minor. In addition to HerCampus, I am also a Bonner School, Fiction Editor for the Midwestern Review, and a member of Alpha Chi Omega. My obsessions are otters, The Office, and flowers.
Hi, I'm Katherine! I'm an Anthropology major. I am a member of the Honors Scholar Program, as well as a Bonner Scholar.